Grand jury hands down indictments
SOMC’s ‘electronic knife’
Grand jury hands down indictments
Commissioners hire manager for ETC Park
Let the music play
- Legacy of the locks - 12:00 am
- Saturday additions allow readers to get more for their money - 12:00 am
- Exploring the origins of the Ladies in White - 12:00 am
- Minford girl stable after shooting - 12:00 am
- Sonora holds fundraiser for Jones family - 12:00 am
- Boneyfiddle Final Fridays concert series begins - 12:00 am
- Senate passes bill improving veterans’ healthcare - 12:00 am
- Sesquicentennial celebration - 12:00 am
- Tri-state radio duo to co-anchor Memorial Day parade for 20th year - 12:00 am
- BWC to issue $1.5 billion in workers’ comp rebates - 12:00 am
- Counterfeit money recovered - 12:00 am
- 10-year-old hospitalized after shooting - 11:23 pm
- Portman receives outstanding legislator award - 12:00 am
- Senators pass bill to block national security threats - 12:00 am
- Hocking Hills shuttle launches Memorial Day weekend - 12:00 am
- Tour of homes scheduled - 12:00 am
- Shriners host car show - 12:00 am
- Grand jury hands down indictments - 11:59 pm
- Wheelersburg receives Silver Award - 11:59 pm
- Memorial Day travel to be highest in more than 12 years - 12:00 am
- Mosquito spraying scheduled - 11:59 pm
- Commissioners update on Splash Pad - 11:59 pm
- Fundraisers planned to deter suicides - 11:59 pm
- Kennedy’s Portsmouth familia - 11:59 pm
- Expect highest Memorial Day gas prices in 4 years - 12:00 am
BWC to issue $1.5 billion in workers’ comp rebates
COLUMBUS – The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) will mail $1.5 billion in rebate checks to roughly 180,000 Ohio employers this s...
Counterfeit money recovered
Money, it has been observed, does not grow on trees. It also doesn’t lay around in the street.It was Wednesday when a Scioto County Sheriff̵...
10-year-old hospitalized after shooting
A Minford 10-year-old is in critical but stable condition after being shot in the stomach.Scioto County Sheriff’s deputies, along with Minford F...
Portman receives outstanding legislator award
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) Tuesday received the Committee on Pipe and Tube Imports’ (CPTI) Outstanding Legislator ...
Senators pass bill to block national security threats
WASHINGTON, D.C. –The U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs – led by Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Republican Cha...
Hocking Hills shuttle launches Memorial Day weekend
LOGAN – Travelers now have an easier way to move between the most popular natural features of Ohio’s dazzling Hocking Hills region without...
Nele, Ruggles named Adult, Student Athletes of Year
Scioto County Special Olympics honored its nearly 70 athletes at its annual banquet at the SOMC Friends Center on May 21. Jacob Nele was named Adult A...
‘Burg’s Jackson to rep Scioto Co. at state tennis tourney
Editor’s Note: It was incorrectly stated that Wheelersburg’s Drew Jackson has qualified for the OHSAA Division II State Tennis Tournament ...
Lady Pirates drop heartbreaker to Buckeye Trail, 4-3
LANCASTER — When two-thirds of an entire starting unit is truly going through the fire of everyday varsity competition for the first time, it ca...
Clay drops gritty, hard-fought bout to Strasburg-Franklin in 15-inning thriller
PICKERINGTON — Over the course of the 2018 season, it was evident that Jason Gearheart’s prediction of this year’s team being his be...
Lady Indians fall in 2-1 defeat to Lady Aces
PICKERINGTON — Over the balance of its postseason run to the regional semifinals, the Valley Indians’ softball program showed off the trem...
Visiting South Webster Baptist Church
Chester Spencer lived from his birth on March 4, 1883 to November 1938. As a Major League Baseball outfielder, but with only eight career games, he ha...
Dinner on the Bridge scheduled
The 12th annual Dinner on the Bridge will begin at 6 p.m. June 2 with music and free wine tasting. The wines will be homemade by nearby neighbors. Thi...
Grilling hotline helps avoid cooking ‘misteaks’
You’ve heard of the Butterball turkey hotline that helps cooks at Thanksgiving. Well when it comes to grilling on Memorial Day, LongHorn Steakho...
Party on the Patio scheduled
The Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District’s next Party on the Patio is 7 to 11 p.m. June 15 at Heritage Station.Larry Whitt & Bl...
A watchdog group asks Netflix to pull ‘13 Reasons Why’
A media watchdog group is calling on Netflix to pull its “13 Reasons Why” series because of potentially harmful content.The Parents Televi...
Netflix says it has signed Barack and Michelle Obama
Barack and Michelle Obama are getting into the television business with Monday’s announcement that they had signed a multi-year deal with Netfli...
Lessons to be learned this Memorial Day
To the editor:Memorial Day is almost upon our nation again. Preparations are under way in thousands of communities and a myriad of venues to honor tho...
The myth of the ever-rising stock market
Some of the more depressing stories that one may read as he ages involve missed opportunities in the stock market. Oh, why didn’t we buy Google&...
Getting caught up in the darknet
Whenever a device (Internet) is developed for the good — there are those who will counterfeit it for bad. World Wide Web, surface web, deep web,...
Are today’s college graduates capable and cultivated?
It’s college commencement time, and the question is the future of the graduates, whether we will have “capable and cultivated human beings...
On his 200th birthday, wouldn’t Karl Marx be surprised?
In many places, the name of Karl Marx evokes the same response as the name of John Wayne Gacy in Chicago: anger, disgust and resentment. The German ec...
America celebrates the new biracial princess
Meghan Markle — see her sparkle. Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle of the USA are married. And millions watched as the couple gazed into e...