37th Annual DTWC festivities begin Thurs.
Panthers, Oaks march together
Missing Eight Year Old Boy, Search for Person of Interest after Triple Murder in Lawrence County, Ohio
Week 7 Scoreboard
- One step at a time - 11:37 am
- Village reaches out to those in need - 5:57 pm updated: 6:24 pm.
- Panthers, Oaks march together - 2:22 pm
- Riehl earns “Outstanding Treasurer” award - 2:15 pm
- Wellston Schools establish funds for Scioto Foundation - 12:37 pm
- More than just a game - 12:00 pm
- Singing the Blues - 11:09 am
- What post-Weinstein Hollywood can learn from ’90s sexual harassment training - 11:07 am
- Trick-or-treating tips for rural residents - 10:49 am updated: 5:06 pm.
- Crabtree opens up about board resignation - 7:25 pm
- No fine, no jail time for marijuana possession? - 5:37 pm updated: 12:40 pm.
- Portsmouth talks pot - 4:35 pm
- Chapter honors history of local cemetery - 4:30 pm
- Life Point spreads the love - 4:28 pm
- County hires Economic Development Director - 2:41 pm
- Wash. Twp. Fire opens new facility - 5:50 pm
- ASC Bus Service to hold shuttle for DTWC fans - 3:45 pm
- What lies beneath - 3:21 pm
- The history of Portsmouth Raceway Park - 2:10 pm
- Riehl earns “Outstanding Treasurer” award - 11:09 pm
- PWHS names students of the month - 10:45 pm
- Quiet place of beauty, or not - 8:40 pm
- Cavern Of Choices works to change lives - 3:45 pm
- Tots celebrate community helper day - 2:20 pm
- Downtown Portsmouth celebrates ‘Falloween’ - 12:00 pm
No fine, no jail time for marijuana possession?
Marijuana remains a hot topic in Portsmouth as the Cleveland Branch of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) has been col...
Portsmouth talks pot
Portsmouth City Council held a public hearing Monday night to allow members of the public to express their views and concerns on the possibility of th...
Chapter honors history of local cemetery
The Dever Historical Cemetery in Lucasville (though very old, yet well-maintained by Mr. and Mrs. Marty Locke) was the site of something likely never ...
Life Point spreads the love
Life Point Church of Portsmouth held their Third Annual Laundry Love Day Saturday. Life Point volunteers took over Plummer’s Corner Laundromat a...
County hires Economic Development Director
The Scioto County Commissioners announced Tuesday the appointment of Robert Horton as Scioto County Economic Development Director, effective immediate...
Kammler wins OVC Meet
Over the past several seasons, the sport of cross country and track, and the overall competitiveness inside said discipline, has arguably gone through...
NW, ‘Burg ranked in final OSSCA Polls
It takes a lot to be flawless from start to finish.However, that’s exactly what the Northwest boys soccer and Wheelersburg girls soccer programs...
Daniels, Risner lead Minford in 2-0 win over ‘Peake
MINFORD — Throughout the duration of the 2017 season, the production of Erin Daniels and Marissa Risner at the head of the offensive attack has ...
Mohawks best West, 3-1
The seasons of two schools were at stake on Tuesday night at Northwest High School, as the Mohawks played the Portsmouth West Senators in a volleyball...
Waverly GSOC wins first playoff game in school history
Behind another dominating effort from Zoiee Smith, who accumulated four goals during a Division II Sectional Semifinal, the Waverly Tigers’ girl...
Weinstein’s film academy ouster raises concerns about others
Harvey Weinstein has been kicked out of the group that awards the Oscars and his producers guild expulsion is a formality at this point, but now quest...
Nielsen says it will report on who’s watching streamed shows
The Nielsen company, which has long measured viewership of television programs, now says it has a way to collect and widely spread details about how m...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts hosts Fourth Annual After Dark
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) will be hosting its Fourth Annual After Dark Event starting at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 26 in the Selby Lob...
Pastor Chad Benner and the congregation of Coles Blvd. First Church Of God, located at 1300 Coles Blvd., invite you to come worship with them.Saturday...
On my way to someone more important
It is a shame but many Christians are nearsighted, they only see what is in front of them with the eyes of the world instead of with spiritual insight...
Who will rebuild? The undocumented
In Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, mammoth hurricanes have left behind a colossal amount of work. The cleanup and reconstruction e...
Are you sure you want to force them to stand up?
Assuming that you could force a six-and-half-foot-tall, 290-pound, thoroughly muscled man with an aggressive attitude to do something — such as ...
Addicted to outrage
Conscienhealth.org is a website that I love and that my web site, fat-science.org, aspires to emulate. The writers at conscienhealth have recently poi...
River birch is beautiful and big
It’s hard to resist the distinctive peeling bark, dappled shade and constantly rippling leaves that make birch trees so easily recognized. Winte...
Unsafe at any speed: Driving with Facebook on the dashboard
There was a time when a distracted driver was a parent fuming at a couple of kids yipping at each other in the back seat. Today, the internet and soc...
Victor Davis Hanson: It’s 1968 all over again
Almost a half-century ago, in 1968, the United States seemed to be falling apart.The Vietnam War, a bitter and close presidential election, antiwar pr...