Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
Judge allows testimony against man accused in 8 Ohio deaths
Ohio governor to sign bill allowing armed school employees
Jury sides with Depp on lawsuit, Heard on counterclaim
- Portsmouth competing in the America in Bloom program - 12:33 pm
- Patrol looking for those ready to “Build Tomorrow” - 12:11 pm
- Local dentist celebrates 60 years of smiles - 4:41 pm
- Bears —oh my! Scioto residents report black bear sightings - 3:11 pm
- Southern Ohio Senior Games seeks participants, warms up for September kickoff - 12:34 pm
- Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion - 11:13 am
- Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided - 1:58 pm
- Fluor-BWXT honored by Scioto County Commissioners - 1:54 pm
- Scioto County receives $4.7 million for New Boston Coke Remediation - 1:39 pm
- PPL upcoming display to honor local veterans, celebrate Library of Congress inclusion - 4:32 pm updated: 4:43 pm.
- Biden to call for 3-month suspension of gas and diesel taxes - 1:20 pm
- Judge allows testimony against man accused in 8 Ohio deaths - 11:51 am
- Portsmouth Public Library hears citizen complaints, support of Pride Month display - 5:17 pm
- AAA: Gas averages fall below $5 nationally and in Ohio - 3:37 pm
- Eleven area students receive 2022 Dorothy Knost Music Scholarships - 11:33 am
- McDermott man arrested for involuntary manslaughter, trafficking in drugs - 3:48 pm
- Portsmouth’s third annual Juneteenth gathering brings celebration, education - 2:36 pm
- Crews demolish massive building at Portsmouth, achieving EM 2022 priority - 2:05 pm
- Final Friday to celebrate peace and love with Portstock - 1:02 pm
- OSHP investigating fatal crash in Wheelersburg - 10:07 am
- Shawnee State University graduate reaches his dream - 3:40 pm
- AAA:Children and pets in vehicles at risk during extreme heat - 3:08 pm
- Olive Garden to open at Ashland Town Center - 3:02 pm
- 1 arrested after attempted robbery at ARCO Truckstop - 2:56 pm
- Portsmouth remembers community icon Jeremy Burnside - 4:12 pm
PPL upcoming display to honor local veterans, celebrate Library of Congress inclusion
PORTSMOUTH—from July 1 through July 30, the Portsmouth Public Library will celebrate local veterans with a display comprised of submitted photos...
Biden to call for 3-month suspension of gas and diesel taxes
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Wednesday will call on Congress to suspend federal gasoline and diesel taxes for three months — a...
Judge allows testimony against man accused in 8 Ohio deaths
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man who has admitted to killing five members from a single family will be allowed to testify at the death penalty ...
Portsmouth Public Library hears citizen complaints, support of Pride Month display
PORTSMOUTH—Community members gathered to voice concerns about a recent display at the Portsmouth Public Library.The PPL’s most recent boar...
AAA: Gas averages fall below $5 nationally and in Ohio
The average price of gasoline across South Central Ohio is nine cents lower this week at $4.945 per gallon, according to AAA East Central’s Gas ...
Eleven area students receive 2022 Dorothy Knost Music Scholarships
PORTSMOUTH — Eleven high school graduates from Scioto County and Greenup County schools are recipients of 2022 Dorothy Knost Music Scholarships ...
Dodgers complete sweep of Reds
CINCINNATI (AP) — Freddie Freeman insisted he hasn’t had much time yet to ponder his pending return to Atlanta, where he was the beloved f...
King takes reigns of Green boys
FRANKLIN FURNACE — This wasn’t exactly how J.D. King planned on becoming a head basketball coach.But as they say, events in life happen fo...
Gordon’s homer helps Twins slow Guardians
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Nick Gordon hit a third-inning home run that stood up for Minnesota starter Devin Smeltzer, and the Twins dodged a sweep, coo...
Bengals lose DL Ogunjobi to Steelers
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers signed veteran defensive end Larry Ogunjobi to a one-year deal on Tuesday, shoring up a position of ne...
Miller takes over Lady Falcons
MINFORD — The Minford Lady Falcons, in the most recent seasons, have hovered around the .500 mark —but basically haven’t been in the...
2022 all-Southern Ohio Conference track & field
Southern Ohio Conference Track & FieldHigh Point ScorersMarley Kreischer, South Webster (SOC I Girls)Olivia Cisco, Waverly (SOC II Girls)Delaney T...
Essential summer skin care tips
Protecting and caring for skin should be part of people’s year-round health care regimens. Such an approach can help people look their best and ...
fun, but not infinity…or beyond
Buzz Lightyear……To Infinity and BEYOND. As I sat down to write this review it dawned on me how famous this character is. We are used to th...
Start thinking summer with desserts that refresh
Ice cream is a go-to dessert in warm weather. Creamy, cold and refreshing, ice cream makes for the perfect complement to a hot afternoon.Ice cream can...
Summer fun for active seniors
Seniors may have more time for leisure and recreation than working adults, and the summer months provide ample opportunities to get active.After month...
Portsmouth Public Library book recommendations
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
If you’re a fan of the series, see this film
Summer is here! We had an absolute blockbuster and AMAZING summer film with Top Gun: Maverick and Hollywood is hitting its groove on the big budget fi...
One of the best films I’ve ever seen
This review is dedicated to the men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice as we honor them and our freedoms on this Memorial day….and ...
A lesser version of Gladiator yet more visually appealing
This film I had followed closely during production as the premise intrigued me. As a history major at The Ohio State University, I always enjoy anythi...
OPINION: Reindustrialization Project presents enormous opportunity for Ohio workers, families and communities
Throughout Ohio, communities have experienced job loss and deepening economic hardship with changes to energy production and declines in manufacturing...
Letter to the editor
Our elected officials at the statehouse have done some very costly political feet dragging at the expense of the Ohio constitution.In 2015 Ohio voters...
If you’re a fan of the Marvel Universe go see this film
We leave Hogwarts and head to the Marvel universe this week with the sequel to Doctor Strange (2016) this is also the 28th film in the Marvel Universe...