Jury convicts man in killings of 8 from another Ohio family
US 52 closed East and West
Grand Jury returns 29 indictments
Two dead after shooting in Portsmouth
Portsmouth Show Choir presents 42nd Street
- Summer internship opportunity for local college students - 10:33 am
- Lucasville native finds his community at Shawnee State University - 9:11 am
- SSU Occupational Therapy student looks forward to a diverse career - 9:02 am
- SSU Pre-Med Club participates in Ohio Medical Education Day - 8:48 am
- Jury convicts man in killings of 8 from another Ohio family - 6:33 pm
- US 52 closed East and West - 4:44 pm updated: 6:45 pm.
- Elementary students present work at Science Fair - 12:45 pm
- Two juveniles arrested for murder - 10:37 am
- Shawnee State University to host grand opening of Center for Public History - 12:13 pm
- Shawnee student experiences blood banking in clinical work - 10:56 am
- SSU Pre-Med senior connects with campus community - 10:54 am
- Anthony Kearns wanted in double homicide - 11:21 am
- Breaking News - 4:35 pm
- SSU Radiologic Technology teaches students to use technology to help those in need - 8:44 pm
- Shawnee State University announces School of Nursing - 8:16 pm
- SSU’s Theta Phi Alpha hosts “Power Hour” for women’s fitness - 12:52 pm
- Road work schedule for the week of November 21, 2022 - 9:10 am
- Students grades 6 – 12 invited to participate in OHIO Southern MLK Writing Contest - 6:15 am
- USDA previews Crop and Revenue Loss Assistance for Agricultural Producers - 5:30 am
- Chief Long is getting used to his new title - 3:27 pm
- Making Thanksgiving dementia friendly - 10:58 am
- 6 Safety tips during darker nights this season - 1:32 pm
- Shawnee State University to host Day of Giving on Nov. 29 - 5:18 am
- SSU Military & Veteran Services supporting student veteran success - 1:21 pm
- Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “A Christmas Carol” - 1:19 pm
Shawnee student experiences blood banking in clinical work
A junior this year, Eleanor (Elly) Jarvis (Hometown: West Union, Ohio) chose to attend Shawnee State University because she loved the campus environme...
SSU Pre-Med senior connects with campus community
Graduating in the spring with a degree in Biomedical Sciences (Pre-Med), Gavin Meadows (Hometown: Kitts, Ohio) enjoys his major for many reasons. One ...
Anthony Kearns wanted in double homicide
A name has been released concerning the shooting suspect in the double homicide of Abraham Pucheta, age 40, and Javier Luna, age 35.The suspect is Ant...
According to a new report was published recently in Human Evolution… All humans are descended from just two people! Scientists surveyed the gene...
SSU Radiologic Technology teaches students to use technology to help those in need
A second-year in the Radiologic Technology program at Shawnee State University, Larissa Williams (Hometown: New Boston, Ohio) feels confident pursuing...
Shawnee State University announces School of Nursing
Shawnee State University has announced the transition of the Department of Nursing to the School of Nursing. The School of Nursing will serve as a vit...
Girls Basketball Scoreboard — Nov. 30 & Dec. 1
Girls Basketball Scoreboard — Nov. 30 & Dec. 1Southern Ohio Conference Division IIWest 67, Northwest 25South Webster 46, Valley 44Minford 47...
Chiefs look to avenge playoff loss to Bengals
CINCINNATI (AP) — Bengals safety Vonn Bell said the timing of this season’s game against the Chiefs feels a lot like last season when the ...
Watson only talks football after suspension
BEREA (AP) — Deshaun Watson didn’t address the accusations or reasons behind his time away from the Browns.No discussion.No reflection.On ...
Ironton preps for state final
IRONTON — For Trevon Pendleton and his fifth-year Ironton Fighting Tigers coaching staff —and for Tayden Carpenter and Lincoln Barnes R...
AP source: Rose Bowl clears way for 12-team CFP
Rose Bowl game organizers cleared the way for the College Football Playoff to expand to 12 teams starting in the 2024 season, informing CFP officials ...
Duke tops OSU in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Jon Scheyer knew it would take time for a Duke team with 11 new players to learn each other and how to close out games.Momen...
Children help with a special treat
Hello everyone! I have a special guest in the kitchen with me this week — my niece and her two little boys, Coleson and Branson, making apple ec...
Library recommendations for the week of November 28th
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
Enjoying a Traditional Christmas Tree
In today’s fast-paced, high-tech world, the ritual of a real Christmas tree captures the genuine spirit of the holidays. Decorating with live gr...
November 27th church news
Wheelersburg Community Thanksgiving DinnerThe Wheelersburg area will again this year be blessed with a free community dinner. This annual event is spo...
Step by step
There are some people who believe that the Christian life should be an easy life. And yet, you and I know this isn’t true Jesus told us to expec...
Letter to the Editor policy
EDITORIAL POLICYThe Daily Times editorial policy is independent of political party affiliation. Opinions expressed in the Our View column reflect the ...
There has recently been a lot of unreasonable worry about RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) infections again. RSV can cause bronchiolitis which is inf...
As soon as my eyes open each morning, I give thanks for the air going in and out of my lungs. Another day – I am alive. God still has a purpose ...
My name is Collin Docterman. I currently serve as Chair of the Scioto County Democratic Party. I am a hospice nurse aide and my wife and I currently f...
A pillar or a post
A number of years ago I was honored to tour the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC during its early stages of construction. It was fascinating to se...
The Future of Truth
To quote that timeless sage Yogi Berra, “The future ain’t what it used to be.” Just last week, a House committee hearing on abortion...