Three charged in McDermott shooting
Troopers seize loaded handguns and $15,400 worth of drugs
Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram suffer worldwide outage
PPD investigating homicide, victim identified
Lawyers: Man killed no one, so nix death penalty possibility
- 20 new COVID-19 cases reported Sunday - 2:43 pm
- KimsKorner: Fall Fun Projects - 12:21 pm
- SSU’s David Kilroy named as Appalachian Leadership Institute Fellow - 12:20 pm
- DeWine recognizes October as Arts and Humanities Month in Ohio - 11:55 am
- AG Yost opposes Federal Policy Intrusive to private bank information - 11:36 am
- New Peer Drop-In Center launches at Shawnee State University - 11:30 am
- 16 new COVID-19 cases reported Friday - 4:19 pm
- PLT flames and not flickers with “Angel Street: Gaslight” - 3:30 pm
- Carmichael refurbishes The Last Supper in Cemetery - 3:26 pm
- Multi-use path completed on Front Street. - 3:19 pm
- County getting pumped: Pump Track grand opening slated for Oct. 30 - 12:18 pm
- Notre Dame Development donates to local hospitals for breast cancer awareness - 3:36 pm
- A true fighter - 3:33 pm
- Portsmouth man arrested for drugs at Rosemount hotel - 3:21 pm
- 1 death; 26 new COVID-19 cases reported Thursday - 2:43 pm
- Debunking common myths associated with breast cancer - 2:38 pm
- SSU to host evening with the College of Arts & Sciences - 2:17 pm
- 36 indictments handed down - 1:30 pm
- Roadside workers plead with motorists to move over, slow down - 12:35 pm
- 3 deaths; 42 New COVID-19 cases reported Wednesday - 3:43 pm
- Council considers hybrid EMS model - 1:55 pm
- Center for Public History opening this Fall at SSU - 11:40 am
- 39 new COVID-19 cases reported Tuesday - 3:53 pm
- Portsmouth is turning the town pink - 3:15 pm
- Residents propose renovations at Mound Park - 2:44 pm updated: 6:43 pm.
County getting pumped: Pump Track grand opening slated for Oct. 30
WEST PORTSMOUTH — Construction has begun and a grand opening has been set for the Pump Track at Earl Thomas Conley Park.During a Scioto County C...
Notre Dame Development donates to local hospitals for breast cancer awareness
PORTSMOUTH — To kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Notre Dame Titans hosted a Pink Out Game this past Friday, October 9, against the No...
A true fighter
PORTSMOUTH — Jamie Williams, a two-time breast cancer survivor, was first diagnosed in 2007 at the age of 35 and was diagnosed for a second time...
Portsmouth man arrested for drugs at Rosemount hotel
ROSEMOUNT — Scioto County Sheriff David Thoroughman and Portsmouth Police Chief Debby Brewer announced that a Portsmouth, Ohio man has been arre...
1 death; 26 new COVID-19 cases reported Thursday
SCIOTO — The Scioto County and Portsmouth City Health Department has confirmed an additional local death in connection with the COVID-19 virus.T...
Marshall scores on first 6 drives in rout of N. Texas
DENTON, Texas (AP) — Grant Wells passed for 323 yards and two touchdowns, ran for three more and Marshall routed North Texas 49-21 on Friday nig...
An SOC II perfect 10
MINFORD — Simply put, for the Minford Falcons, it’s an SOC II Perfect 10.That’s because the Falcons finished off on Thursday night a...
8 from Scioto compete in district tennis
PORTSMOUTH — Indeed, eight originally advanced, but unfortunately for Scioto County’s girls tennis district tournament qualifiers, the roa...
Lady Pirates claim SOC outright
MINFORD — Two of the Southeast District’s best met on Thursday with quite the prize on the line.Entering the second meeting of the 2021 fa...
FALL SCOREBOARD — Oct. 14
FALL SCOREBOARD — Oct. 14VolleyballSouth Webster 3, Valley 0 (25-14, 25-7, 25-7)Wheelersburg 3, Minford 0 (25-12, 25-9, 25-10)West 3, Waverly 1 ...
PLT flames and not flickers with “Angel Street: Gaslight”
PORTSMOUTH — Portsmouth Little Theatre (PLT) will host its second performance of the expanded 2021/2022 theatrical season. They open curtain wit...
23 new cases reported Monday
SCIOTO — The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) reported 23 new cases on Monday for Scioto County bringing the total to 11,190 since the start of t...
Portsmouth Public Library Book Recommendations
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
How to roast pumpkin seeds
Carving jack-o-lanterns is a Halloween tradition that both adults and children enjoy. It’s hard to resist an opportunity to carve a funny or sca...
A handheld favorite fit for a crowd
Slow-cooked foods seem tailor-made when the mercury is low. Stews, soups and casseroles can simmer and gain great flavor through slow-cooking methods....
Bond is back; 5 stars out of 5
Bond is Back. He actually is this time. This IS the review of No Time to Die. No. The newest Bond film (and last for Daniel Craig) is finally here. I ...
Kim’sKorner: Go get a mammogram, it can save your life
There is nothing that can prepare you for the moment when a doctor says to you, “Your results came back and you do have cancer.” Many of u...
KimsKorner: Ghosts are in the air
Have a Bootiful week this week! My column is filled this week, with ghosts crafts and fun, plus even some ghostly food. As I said before, I love fall ...
Food insecurity in starlings
This report of a demonstration of how food insecurity in captive young starlings by exposing them to 19 weeks of a regime where food was unpredictably...
What a family resemblance
We often resemble those we are related toWhen we first met him, I knew there was something different about this kind man. His name was Sutor Hoople. H...
KimsKorner: Fall is Here
Can you believe October is already here? Fall is my favorite time of the year, Summer is too hot for me, Sping is too wet, and Winter is too cold, but...