Portsmouth to Celebrate Emancipation Day on September 22
Grand Jury returns 22 indictments
Jury returns 14 indictments
Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- TOSRV numbers improve - 4:03 pm
- Spears’ life celebrated - 4:01 pm
- Farming conferences scheduled - 11:27 am
- SSU to serve as partner institution in ASCENT Ecosystem - 3:48 pm
- Fluor presents Silver Medallion Award to Lewis, Setty and Sevens - 3:39 pm
- H&H Industries announces expansion in Oak Hill, Ohio - 3:34 pm
- Shawnee State University welcomes over 60 international students for 2022-2023 - 3:32 pm
- Hileman receives scholarship from The Agriculture Education Foundation - 3:30 pm
- Cron sisters crowned at River Days, FBP presents leadership and community award - 3:24 pm
- Make Wellston Beautiful donates baskets for giving campaign at Portsmouth site - 3:20 pm
- FBP donates $50,000 to Jackson County for an airport expansion project - 3:18 pm
- Valley and SCCTC win grants - 5:42 pm
- SOMC ready to light the town pink - 2:44 pm
- Wine Social to raise funds for 535 - 5:49 pm
- Music and more welcoming TOSRV this weekend - 3:19 pm
- Valley Football Homecoming Queen and Court 2022 - 3:49 pm
- Serve Day serves all - 3:29 pm
- International Fest closes another year - 3:23 pm
- Allen and Riffe to bring laughs - 11:36 am
- Briefs for week of Sept. 19th - 4:29 pm
- Shawnee State University to host Showcase Day on Oct. 29 - 11:43 am
- Sherman receives scholarship from Ohio Natural Gas and Oil Industry - 11:39 am
- Shawnee State University to host Alumni Awards Dinner Sept. 24 - 11:35 am
- Gun Bash set for Oct 1 - 11:28 am
- Hope Fund brings in $35,000 - 5:13 pm
FBP donates $50,000 to Jackson County for an airport expansion project
JACKSON - On Sept. 20, representatives from Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth (FBP) visited the James A. Rhodes Airport in Jackson to present a donation of $50,00...
Valley and SCCTC win grants
Two local school districts have received updated water fountains, thanks to an Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grant program.The program is...
SOMC ready to light the town pink
The annual Light it Pink event, a major breast cancer awareness campaign managed by Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC), is underway in the final plan...
Wine Social to raise funds for 535
535 Second Street has been a part of the Portsmouth park family for two years now, after a major renovation by Main Street Portsmouth, with the help o...
Music and more welcoming TOSRV this weekend
For 60 years, TOSRV has brought bicyclists to the area on a trek that starts in Columbus, Ohio and ends here, all over the course of one day. Of cours...
Pirates play a shutout: ‘Burg defeats Minford, 42-0
WHEELERSBURG — The Wheelersburg Pirates defended their home turf at Ed Miller Stadium in their Southern Ohio Conference Division II opener on Fr...
Steer’s go-ahead homer lifts Reds past Brewers
CINCINNATI (AP) — Spencer Steer hit a go-ahead home run in the eighth and Nick Lodolo pitched six strong innings as the Cincinnati Reds defeated...
Burrow leads Bengals to 1st win of season
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Joe Burrow played it cool all week, urging Bengals fans to not panic. Cincinnati’s quarterback then started r...
Brewers rout Reds
CINCINNATI (AP) — Hunter Renfroe hit a pair of two-run homers and had a season-high five RBIs to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to their fourth stra...
Week Six Football Scoreboard
Week Six Football ScoreboardOVCPortsmouth 43, Coal Grove 42Ironton 62, Chesapeake 0Gallia Academy 43, Fairland 35Rock Hill 21, South Point 7SOC IIWhee...
SW, ‘Burg win SOC golf
McDERMOTT — The first true day of fall saw the top golfers in the Southern Ohio Conference compete in the SOC golf championships at the Elks Cou...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical” on Oct. 27
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will host Broadway’s “Legally Blonde, the Musical” Thursday, ...
Native authors books
West Portsmouth native, Jeffery Evans, has come a long way since his days of playing on Stoney Run. Now, proudly decorated with two Masters degrees, a...
PPL recommends these books: Blood Sugar, The Measure and Yonder
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
A keeper breakfast cake
Hello! In the kitchen this week I am making this great blueberry breakfast cake. It’s not only easy ,but it is so good. It’s a keeper for ...
AAA7 Receives Accreditation of Case Managementfor Long-Term Services and Supports
The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) has received Accreditation of Case Management for Long-Term Services and Supports from the National Committ...
Movie review: Pearl
I spoke a few weeks ago about the company A24 and how they have been producing a lot of really good movies lately. I should have also labeled them as ...
September is Kinship Care month
In Ohio, over 200,000 children are living in kinship families. Research shows that when they must be apart from their parents, children do better with...
Now is the ideal time to restore your lawn
Column Head: Now is the Ideal Time to Restore Your LawnBlog Title: Lawn Restoration in FallEarly Fall is an ideal time to restore your lawn. There is ...
Sinking my teeth into the job
I spent a week eating my memories.A sub bun sliced horizontally, two slices of old-fashioned loaf, three or four slices of salami, provolone (should b...
Plant Bulbs Soon for Early Spring Color
Soon it will be the season to plant bulbs for early spring color. You can have a colorful garden very early next spring if you plant some bulbs right ...
Planters, Pots & Containers 3: Choosing the Right Potting Soil
The key to success in container gardening is having the right “soil”, or potting mix. The potting “soil” used to grow containe...
Letter to the EditorThe Pride display issue isn’t about protecting kids
A Pride display and a handful of kids’ books is an awfully small thing to get worked up about, but these are small-minded people. For about a mo...