Portsmouth to Celebrate Emancipation Day on September 22
Grand Jury returns 22 indictments
Jury returns 14 indictments
Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Scioto Lights it Pink - 2:43 pm
- 14th Street Fest goes well, fundraising continues - 2:40 pm
- Happy Pot named business of the year - 2:21 pm
- Winter heating assistance available from AEP program - 1:55 pm
- Scioto Gives keeps giving - 1:41 pm
- Loretta Lynn, coal miner’s daughter and country queen, dies - 1:39 pm
- Dayton Man Arrested on Drug Charge - 1:31 pm
- Roadwork schedule - 1:55 pm
- SSU to host Career Fair - 2:40 pm
- Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical” - 2:39 pm
- Party in the Park set for Oct 8 - 2:33 pm
- Scioto Gives back - 2:32 pm
- House OKs bill to avert government shutdown, aid Ukraine - 2:20 pm
- Hurricane Ian heads for Carolinas after pounding Florida - 2:19 pm
- Brown addresses farm credit - 5:14 pm
- Salmons spreading fire awareness - 5:07 pm
- New SCCTC program changing lives - 2:18 pm
- Many trapped in Florida as Ian heads north - 2:13 pm
- Brown urges Biden to fill posts - 5:02 pm
- Quilt Festival a fabric of the community - 4:09 pm
- Glocktoberfest set for Sunday - 1:33 pm
- Wheelersburg Homecoming - 4:49 pm
- Chamber Announces new Burnside Award - 2:53 pm
- City Engineer proposes consolidating parks into massive new project - 2:52 pm
- TOSRV numbers improve - 4:03 pm
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical”
PORTSMOUTH — The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will host Broadway’s “Legally Blonde, the Musica...
Party in the Park set for Oct 8
NEW BOSTON — New Boston Mayor Junior Williams, alongside Village Council and volunteers, have announced that Party in the Park will take place O...
Scioto Gives back
PORTSMOUTH — Scioto Gives is an annual charity event run by the Scioto Foundation. They have been providing aid to local 501(C)3 nonprofits (NPO...
House OKs bill to avert government shutdown, aid Ukraine
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Democratic-led House passed a short-term spending bill on Friday that finances the federal government through mid-December...
Hurricane Ian heads for Carolinas after pounding Florida
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A revived Hurricane Ian threatened coastal South Carolina and the historic city of Charleston with severe flooding Frida...
Brown addresses farm credit
U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), a member of the U.S. Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry Committee, and U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA),...
After being swept last season, Ravens face Bengals again
If there was a single moment when the Cincinnati Bengals announced their arrival as contenders last year, it may have been in Week 7 at Baltimore, whe...
Michigan State hopes to slow down Stroud, Buckeyes
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan State coach Mel Tucker is well aware of the pain that Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud can inflict on his ...
Reds look for bright spots after 100-loss season
CINCINNATI (AP) — In the midst of another heavy rebuilding process, the Cincinnati Reds were almost historically bad in 2022.The 15-2 loss to th...
Tigers too much for Valley
LUCASVILLE — Unfortunately, momma always warned us about days like these.For the Valley Indians, indeed it was a long night against the visiting...
Better night at Tigers’ den?
WHEELERSBURG — Rob Woodward, with his attention to detail, was reviewing some statistics, both defensively and offensively, for his Wheelersburg...
Trojans get Dragons on fast track
PORTSMOUTH — All indications for Friday night is that the Ohio River weather will be, predictably, much cooler.However, the Portsmouth Trojans h...
CCL to meet
Citizens’ Climate Lobby invites you to “Make Friends and Influence Lawmakers.”Join a virtual information session to learn how ordina...
PPL recommends these books: Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating, You Belong with Me, and What to Say Next
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
Another one dish, easy recipe
Hello! In the kitchen with Sharon is Patricia Nicholes with her Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole. Wow this is an amazing recipe.I am making this ...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical” on Oct. 27
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will host Broadway’s “Legally Blonde, the Musical” Thursday, ...
Native authors books
West Portsmouth native, Jeffery Evans, has come a long way since his days of playing on Stoney Run. Now, proudly decorated with two Masters degrees, a...
OneOhio Recovery Foundation committed to managing Opioid Settlement Funds
As an entrepreneur from Jackson County, I’ve spent much of my professional life building businesses throughout Appalachian Ohio. Supporting the ...
September is Kinship Care month
In Ohio, over 200,000 children are living in kinship families. Research shows that when they must be apart from their parents, children do better with...
Now is the ideal time to restore your lawn
Column Head: Now is the Ideal Time to Restore Your LawnBlog Title: Lawn Restoration in FallEarly Fall is an ideal time to restore your lawn. There is ...
Sinking my teeth into the job
I spent a week eating my memories.A sub bun sliced horizontally, two slices of old-fashioned loaf, three or four slices of salami, provolone (should b...
Plant Bulbs Soon for Early Spring Color
Soon it will be the season to plant bulbs for early spring color. You can have a colorful garden very early next spring if you plant some bulbs right ...
Planters, Pots & Containers 3: Choosing the Right Potting Soil
The key to success in container gardening is having the right “soil”, or potting mix. The potting “soil” used to grow containe...