Website for free virus tests is here. How does it work?
Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses
Bob Saget, beloved TV dad of ‘Full House,’ dead at 65
Bob Saget, beloved TV dad of ‘Full House,’ dead at 65
CDC urges ‘up to date’ shots; no ‘fully vaccinated’ change
- Glenwood High School Basketball Homecoming 2021-2022 - 4:25 pm
- 335 new COVID-19 cases reported Thursday - 2:26 pm
- Commissioners discuss tourism and Children Services - 2:09 pm
- Shawnee State University to host Showcase Day on Feb. 26 - 1:19 pm
- Arrest made in New Boston drug raid - 2:56 pm
- 8 deaths; 319 new COVID-19 cases reported Wednesday - 2:47 pm
- Website for free virus tests is here. How does it work? - 11:16 am
- Student artwork displayed at Portsmouth Public Library - 11:10 am
- AAA: Gas prices decrease in Ohio; Crude prices up and down - 3:07 pm
- Troopers seize $60,000 worth of suspected fentanyl - 3:05 pm
- 159 new COVID-19 cases reported Tuesday - 2:37 pm
- 3 indictments handed down - 12:51 pm
- Patrol’s Trooper Landrum promoted to Sergeant at the Jackson Post - 12:12 pm
- Local court receives state certification and announces new staff member - 12:09 pm
- SOMC employees give back through Make a Difference Campaign - 11:26 am
- 220 new COVID-19 cases reported Monday - 2:18 pm
- Attorney General Yost announces $1.85 billion settlement with student loan servicer Navient - 12:50 pm
- Research appointments aid SSU students through Clark Memorial Library - 11:33 am
- King’s Daughters primary care offices receive recognition - 11:21 am
- 244 new COVID-19 cases reported Sunday - 3:36 pm
- Franklin Furnace to receive park - 2:39 pm
- Teaching & Learning Center helping Shawnee State faculty succeed - 2:21 pm
- Atomic Credit Union donates to Pride Athletics - 2:03 pm
- Sammy Kershaw and Collin Raye coming to Vern Riffe Center Feb. 5 - 1:52 pm
- Newly formed task force arrest 3 in drug bust - 4:20 pm
159 new COVID-19 cases reported Tuesday
SCIOTO — The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) reported 159 new cases on Tuesday for Scioto County bringing the total to 16,712 since the start of...
3 indictments handed down
SCIOTO — Shane A. Tieman, Scioto County Prosecutor announced today that the January term of the Scioto County Grand Jury met on January 7 and re...
Patrol’s Trooper Landrum promoted to Sergeant at the Jackson Post
COLUMBUS – On January 16, Trooper Russell L. Landrum was promoted to the rank of sergeant by Colonel Richard S. Fambro, Patrol superintendent. S...
Local court receives state certification and announces new staff member
PORTSMOUTH — The Juvenile Drug Court of the Scioto County Juvenile Court has earned final certification from the Ohio Supreme Court’s Comm...
SOMC employees give back through Make a Difference Campaign
PORTSMOUTH — Each year, SOMC employees have the opportunity to donate to local charities through a year-long pledge known as the Make a Differen...
UK withstands test from Aggies
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) — Kentucky coach John Calipari would certainly prefer his team shoot better than the 36.2-percent the Wildcats shot ...
Basketball Scoreboard— January 18 & 19
Basketball Scoreboard— January 19Girls BasketballNotre Dame 51, South Webster 41South Gallia 70, Symmes Valley 42Rock Hill 56, Chesapeake 35Port...
Titans top Oaks in close one
PORTSMOUTH — The Titans are now back to .500.That’s because host Notre Dame, in a non-league encounter on Tuesday night, defeated the Oak ...
Pirates gain revenge on Jeeps
WHEELERSBURG — Quite frankly, it just seemed so strange —unheard of even —that the Wheelersburg Pirates are under .500, were on a fi...
Falcons fly back into SOC II race
MINFORD — Trailing at halftime, and in the late stages of the third quarter, the Minford Falcons were undeterred in their comeback attempt in th...
Liddell helps OSU breeze past IUPUI
COLUMBUS (AP) — E.J. Liddell had 13 points and 10 rebounds, and No. 19 Ohio State never trailed in its 83-37 win over IUPUI on Tuesday night.Lid...
King’s Daughters primary care offices receive recognition
PORTSMOUTH—King’s Daughters announced that several King’s Daughters primary care locations in Portsmouth and Wheelersburg were recen...
Warm up with a rich, chocolate beverage
Nothing beats sipping a hot, soothing beverage after a day of choosing the perfect Christmas tree or lobbing snowballs in the backyard. Teas, hot todd...
Interesting facts about Martin Luther King, Jr.
Martin Luther King, Jr. was one of the most influential figures of the 21st century. King’s tireless activism during the Civil Rights Movement o...
244 new COVID-19 cases reported Sunday
SCIOTO — The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) reported 244 new cases on Sunday for Scioto County bringing the total to 16,333 since the start of ...
Portsmouth Public Library Book Recommendations
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
LTE: Get to know your candidates
As we enter another midterm year I think it is important to remember that our local elected officials only have so many things that are in their spher...
Peace on earth!
This seems to be a day of challenge at home and abroad, a day where terror is real and danger abounds. A day where the moorings of character, integrit...
It’s all about the baby!
You just might be a grandpa if… a sweet grandchild accidentally spills grape juice on your $90.00 Brooks Brothers tie and you could care less! O...
What you’re looking for
I do love a good commercial. One of my favorite Christmas commercials from the past is one with a little girl that is encouraged by her mom to go to s...
Gearing up for Spiderman: No way home
I wanted this week to get you excited for the NEXT Spiderman that comes out next week. I’d imagine most have forgotten this review of the last f...
Is nausea the cure for obesity?
Semaglutide (and other drugs like it that imitate the intestinal hormone GLP-1 (Glucagon-like peptide-1)) has been hailed as the holy grail, the gastr...