Portsmouth to Celebrate Emancipation Day on September 22
Grand Jury returns 22 indictments
Jury returns 14 indictments
Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Wheelersburg Homecoming - 4:49 pm
- Chamber Announces new Burnside Award - 2:53 pm
- City Engineer proposes consolidating parks into massive new project - 2:52 pm
- TOSRV numbers improve - 4:03 pm
- Spears’ life celebrated - 4:01 pm
- Farming conferences scheduled - 11:27 am
- SSU to serve as partner institution in ASCENT Ecosystem - 3:48 pm
- Fluor presents Silver Medallion Award to Lewis, Setty and Sevens - 3:39 pm
- H&H Industries announces expansion in Oak Hill, Ohio - 3:34 pm
- Shawnee State University welcomes over 60 international students for 2022-2023 - 3:32 pm
- Hileman receives scholarship from The Agriculture Education Foundation - 3:30 pm
- Cron sisters crowned at River Days, FBP presents leadership and community award - 3:24 pm
- Make Wellston Beautiful donates baskets for giving campaign at Portsmouth site - 3:20 pm
- FBP donates $50,000 to Jackson County for an airport expansion project - 3:18 pm
- Valley and SCCTC win grants - 5:42 pm
- SOMC ready to light the town pink - 2:44 pm
- Wine Social to raise funds for 535 - 5:49 pm
- Music and more welcoming TOSRV this weekend - 3:19 pm
- Valley Football Homecoming Queen and Court 2022 - 3:49 pm
- Serve Day serves all - 3:29 pm
- International Fest closes another year - 3:23 pm
- Allen and Riffe to bring laughs - 11:36 am
- Briefs for week of Sept. 19th - 4:29 pm
- Shawnee State University to host Showcase Day on Oct. 29 - 11:43 am
- Sherman receives scholarship from Ohio Natural Gas and Oil Industry - 11:39 am
Shawnee State University welcomes over 60 international students for 2022-2023
Shawnee State University welcomed over sixty international students from nearly thirty countries for the 2022-2023 academic year as part of the univer...
Cron sisters crowned at River Days, FBP presents leadership and community award
SCIOTO COUNTY - The ebb and flow of life in a small river town can be filled with a variety of opportunities. Every year, a queen is crowned in Portsm...
Make Wellston Beautiful donates baskets for giving campaign at Portsmouth site
JACKSON - For the past three years, the Make Wellston Beautiful organization has generously donated gift baskets for Fluor-BWXT’s (FBP) annual E...
FBP donates $50,000 to Jackson County for an airport expansion project
JACKSON - On Sept. 20, representatives from Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth (FBP) visited the James A. Rhodes Airport in Jackson to present a donation of $50,00...
Valley and SCCTC win grants
Two local school districts have received updated water fountains, thanks to an Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) grant program.The program is...
Lady Pirates sweep Lady Pioneers
WHEELERSBURG — The Wheelersburg Lady Pirates (13-1) volleyball team withstood a test from visiting Zane Trace in Saturday’s non-league con...
Browns’ Garrett released from hospital after crash
CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland Browns star defensive end Myles Garrett was released from a hospital late Monday night after he was injured when he r...
SPORTS SCOREBOARD —September 24-26
SPORTS SCOREBOARD —September 24VolleyballWheelersburg 3, Zane Trace 0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-19)South Webster 3, Trimble 0 (27-25, 25-21, 25-14)Boys ...
AP Ohio High School Football Poll
DIVISION I1. Cincinnati Moeller (19)6-01992. West Chester Lakota West6-01593. Lakewood St. Edward5-11434. Cincinnati Elder5-11185. Dublin Jerome (2)6-...
Senators, Sissel run past Tigers
WEST PORTSMOUTH — The West Senators jumped out to a three-touchdown lead — and held off a furious Waverly comeback attempt — in thei...
Mohawks play running games
McDERMOTT — Another night of football for the Northwest Mohawks, another night of playing running games of keep-away, and another night in the M...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical” on Oct. 27
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will host Broadway’s “Legally Blonde, the Musical” Thursday, ...
Native authors books
West Portsmouth native, Jeffery Evans, has come a long way since his days of playing on Stoney Run. Now, proudly decorated with two Masters degrees, a...
PPL recommends these books: Blood Sugar, The Measure and Yonder
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
A keeper breakfast cake
Hello! In the kitchen this week I am making this great blueberry breakfast cake. It’s not only easy ,but it is so good. It’s a keeper for ...
AAA7 Receives Accreditation of Case Managementfor Long-Term Services and Supports
The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) has received Accreditation of Case Management for Long-Term Services and Supports from the National Committ...
September is Kinship Care month
In Ohio, over 200,000 children are living in kinship families. Research shows that when they must be apart from their parents, children do better with...
Now is the ideal time to restore your lawn
Column Head: Now is the Ideal Time to Restore Your LawnBlog Title: Lawn Restoration in FallEarly Fall is an ideal time to restore your lawn. There is ...
Sinking my teeth into the job
I spent a week eating my memories.A sub bun sliced horizontally, two slices of old-fashioned loaf, three or four slices of salami, provolone (should b...
Plant Bulbs Soon for Early Spring Color
Soon it will be the season to plant bulbs for early spring color. You can have a colorful garden very early next spring if you plant some bulbs right ...
Planters, Pots & Containers 3: Choosing the Right Potting Soil
The key to success in container gardening is having the right “soil”, or potting mix. The potting “soil” used to grow containe...
Letter to the EditorThe Pride display issue isn’t about protecting kids
A Pride display and a handful of kids’ books is an awfully small thing to get worked up about, but these are small-minded people. For about a mo...