Intel building $20B Ohio chip facility amid global shortage
Website for free virus tests is here. How does it work?
Supreme Court halts COVID-19 vaccine rule for US businesses
Bob Saget, beloved TV dad of ‘Full House,’ dead at 65
Bob Saget, beloved TV dad of ‘Full House,’ dead at 65
- Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant celebrates 70th Anniversary - 4:49 pm
- Covid Report - 4:47 pm
- TCC to host Cold War Games - 2:34 pm
- Gateway into campus - 4:39 pm
- Scioto County COVID-19 Report — Jan. 27 - 4:38 pm
- 14 indictments handed in Jan. - 2:45 pm
- Sheriff’s Office to begin funeral escorts for military veterans - 2:33 pm
- Boneyfiddle Project wins Governor’s Award - 4:59 pm
- Hill View President announces retirement - 2:26 pm
- SSU to host Education Career Fair - 2:23 pm
- SSU Circle K Club hosts coat drive - 2:21 pm
- Sheriff’s Office recieves funding for body cameras - 3:45 pm
- City Council takes action against ‘failed’ hotel project - 3:44 pm
- Scioto County COVID-19 Report — Jan. 25 - 2:40 pm
- Two arrested on drug charges after drugs seized - 2:24 pm
- Scioto Foundation announces 2022 scholarship application process - 1:44 pm
- Scioto Foundation awards fourth quarter grants - 1:39 pm
- Three generations proudly serving the community - 5:01 pm
- DeWine awards body-worn camera grants to law enforcement agencies - 1:57 pm
- 148 new cases reported Sunday - 3:44 pm
- Shawnee Game Conference celebrates student success in award presentation - 2:18 pm
- First round OVRDC county caucus scheduled - 2:12 pm
- SSU Development Foundation awards over $16,000 through 2022 Grants Program - 2:05 pm
- GLO bringing park and venue to Lucasville - 3:50 pm
- 6 deaths; 311 new cases reported Friday - 2:50 pm
SSU Circle K Club hosts coat drive
The Circle K International Club at Shawnee State University recently hosted a coat drive on campus to provide students, staff, and community members w...
Sheriff’s Office recieves funding for body cameras
PORTSMOUTH — Governor Mike DeWine awarded over $4.7 million in grant funding to 109 local law enforcement agencies for expenses associated with ...
City Council takes action against ‘failed’ hotel project
PORTSMOUTH — The Portsmouth City Council unanimously passed a resolution to reconstruct sidewalks at the former site of the Sleep Inn / Mainstay...
Scioto County COVID-19 Report — Jan. 25
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) reported 125 new cases on Tuesday for Scioto County bringing the total to 18,284 since the start of the outbreak.T...
Two arrested on drug charges after drugs seized
PORTSMOUTH — Portsmouth Police Chief Debby Brewer and Scioto County Sheriff David Thoroughman announce that a Portsmouth resident along with a D...
Go for trout; turkeys in decline
The good news in the outdoors is that Monday will be the last day of this less than desirable month of January 2022.At midweek the high for the day st...
Young, hungry Bengals face grizzled Chiefs
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs have been in this position before.Walking across the cold Arrowhead Stadium parking lot, dressing...
Basketball Scoreboard— January 27
Basketball Scoreboard— January 27Girls BasketballWheelersburg 43, Northwest 29West 53, Waverly 49Minford 62, Eastern 58Oak Hill 32, Valley 28Not...
Keeney scores 1000th in Burg win
BEAVER — Sammy Hagar once sang he couldn’t drive 55.Maybe so, but the Wheelersburg Lady Pirates sure can —and Alaina Keeney can, and...
Lady Jeeps keep rolling on
SOUTH WEBSTER — For Division IV Southeast District girls basketball programs, it’s likely a consensus that South Webster isn’t the s...
Carpenter signs with KCU baseball
SOUTH WEBSTER — South Webster senior Cam Carpenter has been a staple in the Jeeps’ pitching rotation during his high school career.And, as...
Fresh herbs that can reduce your reliance on sodium
Salt has long been used to add flavor to people’s favorite foods. In fact, the use of salt as a means to preserving foods and adding flavor to r...
Are you willing to follow?
Do you know God’s will for your life? Now that is a question for the ages. You say, “I don’t know how to know God’s will”...
The Stubborn souls are the losers
Maxine, “Max”, enrolled in outpatient hospice services with end stage renal disease at the age seventy-seven. Max was an attractive lady, ...
6 deaths; 311 new cases reported Friday
SCIOTO — The Scioto County and Portsmouth City Health Department has confirmed six additional local deaths in connection with the COVID-19 virus...
Local nurse experiences extraordinary day
NEW BOSTON —When Emily Whitley RN of Interim HealthCare in Southern Ohio went to work on Jan. 17 she never thought that her ordinary day would t...
LTE: Get to know your candidates
As we enter another midterm year I think it is important to remember that our local elected officials only have so many things that are in their spher...
Peace on earth!
This seems to be a day of challenge at home and abroad, a day where terror is real and danger abounds. A day where the moorings of character, integrit...
It’s all about the baby!
You just might be a grandpa if… a sweet grandchild accidentally spills grape juice on your $90.00 Brooks Brothers tie and you could care less! O...
What you’re looking for
I do love a good commercial. One of my favorite Christmas commercials from the past is one with a little girl that is encouraged by her mom to go to s...
Gearing up for Spiderman: No way home
I wanted this week to get you excited for the NEXT Spiderman that comes out next week. I’d imagine most have forgotten this review of the last f...
Is nausea the cure for obesity?
Semaglutide (and other drugs like it that imitate the intestinal hormone GLP-1 (Glucagon-like peptide-1)) has been hailed as the holy grail, the gastr...