J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
PCHD puts on largest COVID vaccine event to-date
Portsmouth 2021 and beyond: Millions of dollars required in infrastructure repairs
Wheelersburg male arrested for importuning
SOMC nurse shares experience working in pandemic
- New leadership program for area youth starts Wednesday - 4:21 pm
- ODH: 9 new COVID cases reported Sunday - 4:19 pm
- Kim’s Korner: St. Patrick’s Day - 3:56 pm
- ANGLEMYER - 2:29 pm
- Flooding causing several road closures - 1:23 pm updated: 2:12 pm.
- Students earn ‘Outstanding’ awards at Regional Mock Trial - 1:12 pm
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine - 11:40 am
- The various benefits of farm-to-table - 11:11 am
- Diversity & Inclusion Technology Internship Programs now available to Shawnee State students - 11:02 am
- 2021 Little League signups underway - 4:33 pm updated: 4:40 pm.
- City Board of Health congratulates former Environmental Director, look for new one - 4:28 pm
- Minford and Notre Dame share a scholarship - 3:33 pm
- ODH: 16 new COVID-19 cases reported Friday - 3:10 pm
- Diversity & Inclusion Technology Internship Programs now available to Shawnee State students - 4:25 pm
- ODH: 4 new cases reported Thursday - 4:22 pm
- PCHD puts on largest COVID vaccine event to-date - 4:19 pm
- Portsmouth Public Library host Youth Art Month - 4:13 pm
- Commissioners approve grants and agreements - 4:10 pm
- Portsmouth 2021 and beyond: Millions of dollars required in infrastructure repairs - 5:55 pm
- Wheelersburg male arrested for importuning - 3:38 pm
- ODH: 19 new COVID-19 cases reported Wednesday - 2:17 pm
- SOMC nurse shares experience working in pandemic - 12:15 pm
- January indictments handed down - 11:40 am
- Upcoming annual church bus and motorcoach inspections - 9:46 am
- Packard, Mosley discuss legislation condemning acts of hate, discrimination - 3:14 pm
2021 Little League signups underway
SCIOTO — It’s nearly time for America’s pastime to take center stage with Scioto County’s youth leading the way.After every lo...
City Board of Health congratulates former Environmental Director, look for new one
PORTSMOUTH — When he leaves the Portsmouth City Health Department, Andy Gedeon will continue serving the city but his co-workers say he will be ...
Minford and Notre Dame share a scholarship
SCIOTO — Two local schools came together to share a common goal of a scholarship for two seniors.Minford and Notre Dame were able to work togeth...
ODH: 16 new COVID-19 cases reported Friday
SCIOTO —ODH reported 16 new cases Friday for Scioto County.The new cases bring the total to 5,906 since the start of the outbreak.There were two...
Diversity & Inclusion Technology Internship Programs now available to Shawnee State students
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio – Are you a student interested in technology? Then the Diversity & Inclusion Technology Program is a great opportunity for ...
ODH: 4 new cases reported Thursday
SCIOTO — ODH reported four new cases Thursday for Scioto County.The new cases bring the total to 5,890 since the start of the outbreak.There wer...
Titans down Bobcats in district semis
PORTSMOUTH — Thursday’s Division IV district semifinal between Notre Dame and Green was seemingly a game of two significant runs.The last ...
West tops Valley in season finale
LUCASVILLE — The Portsmouth West Lady Senators raced out to a 20-2 lead after the first quarter, and coasted their way to a 30-point win over th...
SSU’s Hoover qualifies for NAIA Indoor T&F National Championship
Shawnee State senior indoor track and field athlete Hunter Hoover will make his first career national championship appearance while representing the P...
Bears fall to Tigers in five sets
GEORGETOWN, Ky. — For the fourth time in its first five contests, the Shawnee State volleyball program engaged in a tough five-game battle with ...
BASKETBALL SCOREBOARD — February 25
BASKETBALL SCOREBOARD — February 25Girls Division IV — District SemifinalsNotre Dame 44, Green 22Waterford 63, South Webster 30Peebles 59,...
Hobbies promote personal growth
Hobbies can help people escape the daily grind. Though it’s easy to view hobbies as enjoyable ways to pass the time, they also can be vehicles t...
Crusty Mac and Cheese
Serves 4 to 61 pound elbow macaroni1/2 teaspoon kosher salt1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper1/2 cup chicken stock3/4 cup heavy cream1/2 tablespoon Worc...
rush up on pet dental health
Companionship, unconditional love and security are just some of the perks of pet ownership.People who bring pets into their homes understand that a ce...
The role different vitamins play
A nutritious diet is a vital component of a healthy lifestyle. When it’s part of a health regimen that includes routine exercise, a healthy diet...
“I didn’t always look like this!”
Allow me to introduce you to Barb who was sixty-eight years old when she enrolled in our outpatient hospice program with chronic airway obstruction. B...
Look to the Specialist!
I need to ask you some questions today. Would you trust your local plumber to do open heart surgery on you? How about a local carpenter doing your den...
Adjust your expectations
Have you ever had a time when something important to you was planned but did not happen?Maybe you had an idea for a perfect evening with a special fri...
Does Beauty Mean High Maintenance?
Would you like “low maintenance landscaping” in your yard? You could probably reduce landscape maintenance easily, but you may have to cha...
Ice possible; Use caution
At the time, it wasn’t all that funny! It was as if my car wanted to express a little dashboard sarcasm just before I dragged it into a long sno...
Persistence of obesity from childhood
It has long been a contention of mine that the remarkable thing about obesity in childhood is that it goes away much more often than obesity goes away...
Weather grabs the headlines
Extreme weather conditions take over the front page of daily newspapers. Three such blows by nature stick out in my mind, events which I helped cover ...
Having good footing in life
In the First World War soldiers in the trenches on both sides would sometimes give themselves a non-fatal wound (intentionally shooting themselves in ...