Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion
Supreme Court expands gun rights, with nation divided
Judge allows testimony against man accused in 8 Ohio deaths
- Glockner to relocate corporate offices inside Portsmouth - 2:34 pm
- City manager’s agenda and report - 12:50 pm
- City Council announces agenda - 12:24 pm
- Southern Ohio: An area of rich medical history - 10:33 am
- Weekend of Welcome creates memories for SSU students - 6:53 am
- Single vehicle fatal crash on TR-374 (Collier Road) - 6:00 am
- View Story - 5:47 am
- Scioto County Fair kicks off Monday - 3:08 pm
- What you need to know about Ohio’s sales tax holiday - 2:43 pm
- Commissioners on trick-or-treat, dogs and jail - 5:05 pm
- Scioto Dems to aid KY flood victims - 3:23 pm
- Unofficial result of second primary election - 3:20 pm
- Organized & Major Crimes Task Force assists the Ohio Adult Authority and U.S. Marshals - 5:14 pm
- Swords arrested on drug charges - 5:08 pm
- First annual block party set - 4:48 pm
- Pike County Fair in full swing as summer winds down - 2:21 pm
- Aeh and Gee Family Fund set up - 2:00 pm
- I’ve been thinking about that word acceptance - 1:32 pm updated: 1:43 pm.
- Check this out - 1:30 pm updated: 1:42 pm.
- 20 Public Indictments handed down - 10:40 am
- In today’s Daily Times’ digital edition - 10:11 am
- Pitts Promise establishes scholarship fund for children in foster care - 1:54 pm
- 19 Indictments handed down - 11:45 am
- In today’s Daily Times’ digital edition - 9:06 am
- Primary election is August 2nd - 4:10 pm
Scioto Dems to aid KY flood victims
SCIOTO—Thanks to donated goods rounded up by the Scioto County Democratic Party, some much needed supplies are heading to Eastern Kentucky as th...
Unofficial result of second primary election
SCIOTO— As predicted the voter turnout for the second 2022 primary election was very low with only 5.34% of Scioto Countians exercising their vo...
Organized & Major Crimes Task Force assists the Ohio Adult Authority and U.S. Marshals
Ohio Attorney General David Yost, Scioto County Sheriff David Thoroughman, Portsmouth Police Chief Debby Brewer, New Boston Police Chief Carl Compton,...
Swords arrested on drug charges
Portsmouth Police Chief Debby Brewer and Scioto County Sheriff David Thoroughman announce that a Portsmouth, Ohio resident has been arrested on drug c...
First annual block party set
PORTSMOUTH—First Presbyterian Church will host their first-ever community block party on Saturday, August 6th, from 4-7 p.m.The block party was ...
Green ready to debut stadium: Bobcats host FCA in home opener August 20
FRANKLIN FURNACE — An investment in the Franklin Furnace community is bearing its first fruits.The Green High School football program will open ...
Shawnee State men’s soccer preview
With the fall season rapidly approaching, soccer is right around the corner. Here is a preview of the Men’s 2022 Soccer season.As the team gets ...
NFL appeals 6-game suspension for Browns’ Deshaun Watson
The NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension of at least one year plus a fine in appealing a disciplinary officer’s decision to suspend Cleveland...
Kirkendall to throw for Rio
WHEELERSBURG — For Nalah Kirkendall, it’s better late than never —and now she makes a band of Wheelersburg Lady Pirates better by th...
Seattle Reds, “Phamiliar Faces”, and Practice
La Piedra to the Space NeedleAfter such a bad start to the 2022 season, it was more than expected that Cincinnati was going to part ways with many fam...
Reds deal Drury, Mahle at deadline
The Cincinnati Reds continued to shed veterans at the deadline, trading their most productive offensive player, Brandon Drury, to the San Diego Padres...
Ebb and Flow
Defined, ebb and flow is a recurrent or rhythmical pattern of coming and going or decline and regrowth. The frequently used phrase is used to describe...
FBP Supports Disaster Relief Initiatives
PORTSMOUTH—Fluor-BWXT (FBP) recently donated $1,000 to the Scioto Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross to help with disaster relief programs...
Defeating Our Giants
One of the greatest battles in history was not fought between two armies but rather between two people, David and Goliath. How could David defeat a gi...
“Nope” is bewildering, but the film pulled me in. 4 1⁄2 out of 5 stars!
Where do we begin with this one? Here is the good news. This is a NEW, ORIGINAL, concept. This isn’t a Marvel film, or a sequel, prequel, spin-o...
CDC endorses more traditional Novavax COVID shot for adults
(AP) — U.S. adults who haven’t gotten any COVID-19 shots yet should consider a new option from Novavax—a more traditional kind of va...
Serve apple turnovers at summer gatherings
Celebrations are common in July. American Independence Day is celebrated each July 4th, and that momentous occasion lays the foundation for a month-lo...
Burnside Law, Picking up the Torch
Portsmouth is a special place. In Portsmouth, Jeremy Burnside found a rare sense of community and he was so loved by everyone. For this, Jeremy moved ...
Why the 340B Drug Discount Program Must Survive
Big Pharma has launched a stealth assault on a drug discount program low-income patients depend on for life-saving medicines. The 340B program was cre...
Will Ohio Attorney Don Yost join the fight for freedom of speech?
Freedom of Speech is being defended by two U.S. attorneys general and the Joe Biden censorship squad is being sued for social media collusion. Missour...
A newfound love for Elvis
“You ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog…” A famous line from one of the late, great Elvis’s famous songs. We had a horr...
This crisis is far from over
If you live in Scioto County, the opioid epidemic has impacted your life. We know the damage of this epidemic better than most because as everyone kno...
A great evening at the theater
Happy Saturday everyone! We actually have a horror film this week. Some of you may have been expecting Elvis. I know he was/is my Mamaw Jane’s f...