High court weighs end of $300 weekly unemployment payment
Gunman kills 19 children, 2 teachers in Texas school rampage
Texas school shooting kills 18 children, 3 adults
Former 5/3 Bank building set to become new Portsmouth City Hall
US added 428,000 jobs in April despite surging inflation
- Fluor-BWXT donates $2,500 to Shawnee State University - 2:55 pm
- High court weighs end of $300 weekly unemployment payment - 2:39 pm
- SSU students take educational experience trip to Panama - 2:35 pm
- Camp Molly Lauman illness confirmed as norovirus - 1:16 pm updated: 1:56 pm.
- Gunman kills 19 children, 2 teachers in Texas school rampage - 11:20 am
- Texas school shooting kills 18 children, 3 adults - 5:56 pm updated: 9:23 pm.
- Water plant design work 90% complete - 4:28 pm
- NBPD seeks tips from public in suspected park vandalism - 3:43 pm
- ‘Spelling Bee’ set to bring musical to PLT - 3:37 pm
- AAA: Memorial Day travelers facing higher gas prices this year - 3:42 pm
- Celebrating the life of a legend: ‘Burg community remembers Ed Miller - 3:18 pm updated: 3:57 pm.
- Miss West Karlee York turns the page for early childhood literacy - 1:04 pm
- 250 mile canoe trip to launch the Ohio River Way May 31 - 12:22 pm updated: 12:33 pm.
- Shawnee State’s Tanner Shepherd receives Library Research Award - 12:23 pm
- Habitat for Humanity of the Tri-State to dedicate 148th habitat homes on May 23 - 11:25 am
- Clay alumni sets date for banquet - 11:18 am
- Commissioners approve funding for renovations to former Odd Fellows building - 2:58 pm
- Lucinda L. Kessler Fine and Performing Arts Scholarship Fund established at Scioto Foundation - 2:10 pm
- Preparation underway for Scioto County’s Memorial Day parade - 11:53 am
- Art awards presented to local students - 10:44 am
- Friends of Portsmouth looks to beautify downtown with community cleanup event - 3:58 pm
- Soldier’s legacy inspires 5k for PTSD awareness - 3:44 pm
- “Music & Motion” festival to kick off summer - 11:38 am
- OSHP investigating single vehicle injury crash - 10:19 am
- MSP farmer’s market set to open for latest season - 4:26 pm
AAA: Memorial Day travelers facing higher gas prices this year
The average price of gasoline across South Central Ohio is 20 cents higher this week at $4.482 per gallon, according to AAA East Central’s Gas P...
Celebrating the life of a legend: ‘Burg community remembers Ed Miller
WHEELERSBURG — The heat, the full parking lot, the fight song and the cannon blast would have made one think it was an August Friday night in Wh...
Miss West Karlee York turns the page for early childhood literacy
WEST PORTSMOUTH—River Days candidate Karlee York welcomed local children to a community gathering designed to promote childhood literacy in a di...
250 mile canoe trip to launch the Ohio River Way May 31
PORTSMOUTH — A team of 20 modern day adventurers will paddle 250 miles on the Ohio River from Portsmouth, OH to Louisville, KY from May 31 throu...
Shawnee State’s Tanner Shepherd receives Library Research Award
PORTSMOUTH-Shawnee State University’s Celebration of Scholarship (COS) committee announced the presentation of the Library Research Award to Tan...
Habitat for Humanity of the Tri-State to dedicate 148th habitat homes on May 23
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. –Habitat for Humanity of the Tri-State will dedicate our 148th on Monday, May 23 at 5:30 p.m. The event will be streamed via F...
Clowney re-signs with Browns, bookends again with Garrett
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Jadeveon Clowney didn’t even want to visit the Browns as a free agent a few years ago. Now, he won’t leave them.C...
Schwindel hits 2 homers, Cubs power past Reds 11-4
CINCINNATI (AP) — Frank Schwindel homered twice in a game for the first time in his career, Marcus Stroman recovered from a rough start to pitch...
SPRING SCOREBOARD — May 24-May 25
SPRING SCOREBOARD — May 24BaseballDivision III District Semifinals(7) Meigs 10, (2) Wheelersburg 2(6) Fairland 7, (3) Portsmouth 0SPRING SCHEDUL...
Jeeps blast way past Wildcats
RIO GRANDE — Bri Claxon, the South Webster standout senior student-athlete who has played a key role in several serious Jeep tournament triumphs...
Titans run it back to regional
RIO GRANDE — Simply put, in the last week to 10 days of May, it’s all about three letters — and definitely not four — for ND.&...
SPRING SCOREBOARD — May 23-May 25
SPRING SCOREBOARD — May 23BaseballDivision II District SemifinalsWashington Court House 2, Circleville 1Sheridan 6, Unioto 1Division IV District...
Fire up the grill for fish
Grilling season presents ample opportunities to explore new culinary horizons.Just about anything that can be cooked indoors also can be prepared outd...
Portsmouth Public Library Book Recommendations
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
“Music & Motion” festival to kick off summer
PORTSMOUTH — Three Bridges will host the first “Music & Motion” spring festival highlighting music, health, recreation, exercise...
2 hospitalized, 112 infected by illness at local camp
SCIOTO — More than 110 individuals who attended a Girl Scout camp in Lucasville have fallen ill with what is believed to be the Norovirus, accor...
King’s Daughters earns national recognition for excellence from American College of Cardiology
ASHLAND, KY – King’s Daughters Medical Center has earned the American College of Cardiology’s HeartCARE Center: National Distinction...
If you’re a fan of the Marvel Universe go see this film
We leave Hogwarts and head to the Marvel universe this week with the sequel to Doctor Strange (2016) this is also the 28th film in the Marvel Universe...
Magically hard to follow or care
Well, we made it to Hogwarts this week. I will start this review by stating I’m not the biggest Harry Potter fan. I’ve watched the films b...
If you are a fan of the video game series go see this
Hey everyone! I took two weeks off as I have been pretty sick. I joked that some weeks I don’t love seeing a new movie but I truly missed it in ...
Where courage abounds
It was the English statesman Sir Edmund Burke who said, “But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possi...
Grow in grace and knowledge
If you’ve ever planted a garden, you know that the only way it can grow properly is if they are carefully nurtured. In order to have good flower...
Did I ask you for your advice?
This week I’m not writing about a hospice patient; I’m confessing my sins. I confess that giving unsolicited advice and making premature s...