Jury convicts man in killings of 8 from another Ohio family
US 52 closed East and West
Grand Jury returns 29 indictments
Two dead after shooting in Portsmouth
Portsmouth Show Choir presents 42nd Street
- Human Remains discovered in Lucasville by a hunter - 4:15 pm updated: 6:27 pm.
- Grand Jury returns 23 indictments - 3:59 pm
- Ceasing the scam this season - 10:52 am
- Summer internship opportunity for local college students - 10:33 am
- Lucasville native finds his community at Shawnee State University - 9:11 am
- SSU Occupational Therapy student looks forward to a diverse career - 9:02 am
- SSU Pre-Med Club participates in Ohio Medical Education Day - 8:48 am
- Jury convicts man in killings of 8 from another Ohio family - 6:33 pm
- US 52 closed East and West - 4:44 pm updated: 6:45 pm.
- Elementary students present work at Science Fair - 12:45 pm
- Two juveniles arrested for murder - 10:37 am
- Shawnee State University to host grand opening of Center for Public History - 12:13 pm
- Shawnee student experiences blood banking in clinical work - 10:56 am
- SSU Pre-Med senior connects with campus community - 10:54 am
- Anthony Kearns wanted in double homicide - 11:21 am
- Breaking News - 4:35 pm
- SSU Radiologic Technology teaches students to use technology to help those in need - 8:44 pm
- Shawnee State University announces School of Nursing - 8:16 pm
- SSU’s Theta Phi Alpha hosts “Power Hour” for women’s fitness - 12:52 pm
- Road work schedule for the week of November 21, 2022 - 9:10 am
- Students grades 6 – 12 invited to participate in OHIO Southern MLK Writing Contest - 6:15 am
- USDA previews Crop and Revenue Loss Assistance for Agricultural Producers - 5:30 am
- Chief Long is getting used to his new title - 3:27 pm
- Making Thanksgiving dementia friendly - 10:58 am
- 6 Safety tips during darker nights this season - 1:32 pm
Elementary students present work at Science Fair
PORTSMOUTH– Students from Portsmouth Elementary School presented their projects, displaying their use and understanding of the scientific method...
Two juveniles arrested for murder
Sheriff David Thoroughman stated that on November 28, 2022 his office received a 9-1-1 call at 1:02am from a male stating that his friend had just bee...
Shawnee State University to host grand opening of Center for Public History
Shawnee State University will host a grand opening of its new Center for Public History (CPH) on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 4:00 p.m. Located in the Clark ...
Shawnee student experiences blood banking in clinical work
A junior this year, Eleanor (Elly) Jarvis (Hometown: West Union, Ohio) chose to attend Shawnee State University because she loved the campus environme...
SSU Pre-Med senior connects with campus community
Graduating in the spring with a degree in Biomedical Sciences (Pre-Med), Gavin Meadows (Hometown: Kitts, Ohio) enjoys his major for many reasons. One ...
Anthony Kearns wanted in double homicide
A name has been released concerning the shooting suspect in the double homicide of Abraham Pucheta, age 40, and Javier Luna, age 35.The suspect is Ant...
Pirates win top pick in MLB’s 1st draft lottery
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The Pittsburgh Pirates won baseball’s first draft lottery on Tuesday night, and will get the top pick of eligible amateur...
Indians open by topping Mohawks
LUCASVILLE — Already a full week into December, and with the Valley Indians opening their new boys basketball season on Tuesday night, junior Ja...
CG’s Johnson sinks game-winner
PORTSMOUTH — Tuesday night’s contest inside Portsmouth High School’s Trojan Arena was the night for Coal Grove sophomore Owen Johnso...
Victorious Bengals, Positives & Negatives, Ted Karras & Drue Chrisman join Matt’s Take
Victorious BengalsThe Bengals silenced the Chiefs yet again on Sunday, as they put together another fantastic performance to beat the Chiefs for the t...
Bennett, Duggan, Stroud, Williams are Heisman finalists
Quarterbacks Stetson Bennett of Georgia, Max Duggan of TCU, C.J. Stroud of Ohio State and Caleb Williams of Southern California were announced as fina...
Bengals confidence soaring after 4th straight win
CINCINNATI (AP) — The Cincinnati Bengals showed they are a team to be reckoned with in the AFC.They’ve certainly got one of the NFL’...
Bible verse of the day
Jesus said,”I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me — just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I...
Understanding fire pits
Gathering around a warm fire has brought people together since the beginning of mankind. Whether it’s a campfire in the woods or a fireplace in ...
Bible verse of the day
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,”I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the li...
Time tested pot pie recipe
In the kitchen with Sharon this week is Renda Hollon Nickell with her delicious pot pie recipe — just in time for your turkey and chicken leftov...
Children help with a special treat
Hello everyone! I have a special guest in the kitchen with me this week — my niece and her two little boys, Coleson and Branson, making apple ec...
Letter to the Editor policy
EDITORIAL POLICYThe Daily Times editorial policy is independent of political party affiliation. Opinions expressed in the Our View column reflect the ...
There has recently been a lot of unreasonable worry about RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) infections again. RSV can cause bronchiolitis which is inf...
As soon as my eyes open each morning, I give thanks for the air going in and out of my lungs. Another day – I am alive. God still has a purpose ...
My name is Collin Docterman. I currently serve as Chair of the Scioto County Democratic Party. I am a hospice nurse aide and my wife and I currently f...
A pillar or a post
A number of years ago I was honored to tour the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC during its early stages of construction. It was fascinating to se...
The Future of Truth
To quote that timeless sage Yogi Berra, “The future ain’t what it used to be.” Just last week, a House committee hearing on abortion...