Parents sue Minford schools over alleged sex abuse of students at camp
Fake check cashed
Lawsuit filed against Minford local school district
IG warns about caller-ID “spoofing” scheme misusing SSA customer service number
STIR teaches advocacy
- Parents sue Minford schools over alleged sex abuse of students at camp - 5:45 pm
- Fake check cashed - 2:15 pm
- Lawsuit filed against Minford local school district - 1:25 pm updated: 1:38 pm.
- IG warns about caller-ID “spoofing” scheme misusing SSA customer service number - 11:30 am
- STIR teaches advocacy - 10:15 pm
- New Boston Christmas Parade is Dec. 1st - 10:30 am
- View Story - 11:59 pm
- Cost of prosecuting Rhoden case could reach millions - 4:15 pm
- T1D group celebrates diabetes month - 3:01 pm
- Downtown Portsmouth prepares for holiday season - 2:45 pm
- Local bands do well at state - 12:30 pm
- DOE waste facility at A-plant fight continues - 5:00 pm
- Grandmothers arraigned in court - 3:19 pm updated: 6:03 pm.
- Bloom Vernon to present Les Mise’rables - 2:15 pm
- Christmas Parade cancelled - 1:56 pm
- Residents turn out to support Friends of Portsmouth Winterfest - 5:15 pm
- Weather service issues winter storm advisory through noon today - 5:00 pm
- Alleged conspiracy - 4:50 pm
- Meadows unhappy about comments - 2:15 pm
- Fa La La La Local Holiday Expo - 1:45 pm
- Scioto Economic Development recieves more than $68,000 - 6:00 pm
- SSU/SEA reach contract agreement - 4:42 pm
- Arrests made in Rhoden murders - 2:02 pm updated: 8:21 pm.
- Local activist launches online petition to stop A-plant waste facility - 5:45 pm
- Volunteers needed for Friends of Portsmouth Winterfest - 4:15 pm
Downtown Portsmouth prepares for holiday season
Downtown Portsmouth businesses and Main Street Portsmouth are preparing for the holiday season again this year with their two annual shopping events, ...
DOE waste facility at A-plant fight continues
An attorney for the U.S. Department of Energy, Jason Sherman had what might be considered some bad news for opponents of the permanent waste disposal ...
Grandmothers arraigned in court
The first pair of six suspects arrested earlier this week in connection with the infamous Rhoden family murders in 2016 each had their first day in co...
Bloom Vernon to present Les Mise’rables
Les Mise’rables is a very tough musical to take on and perform well, and the students at Bloom Vernon High School are ready and willing to take ...
Christmas Parade cancelled
The Jaycee’s Christmas parade is CANCELLED. Reschedule to be determined according to the organization’s facebook page. Donations for the C...
Pirates continue quest for repeat
On Saturday night, the Wheelersburg Pirates will travel to the western suburbs of the Ohio state capital in Hilliard to Hilliard Darby High School whe...
SSU women start 18-19 campaign 5-0
In what should be no surprise to anyone who lives in Southern Ohio, the Shawnee State women’s basketball team is off to yet another great start ...
NW’s Rice signs with Kent State
Laiken Rice, a senior at Northwest High School, signed her letter of intent to play softball for Division I Kent State University on Wednesday.Laiken ...
SW’s Cook signs with Trevecca Nazarene
For South Webster senior Maddie Cook, her college choice of Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville has just as much to do with the lifestyle Trevec...
Harris, Kammler compete at state
On a cold and frigid morning in Hebron, Ohio near Columbus, the two qualifiers for the state cross country races, Matthew Harris of Minford and Aiden ...
OSSCA releases all-state honors
On Saturday, the Ohio Scholastic Soccer Coaches Association (OSSCA) released their all-state honorees for all-state first and second teams, and once a...
Charity Freewill Baptist Church
In Minford Ohio there is a tributary to the Little Scioto River. It is Rocky Fork Creek, a frequent Baptismal site before many churches found ways to ...
SOMC promoting importance of lung cancer screening available locally
Maybe the cause needs a catchy slogan, like “Think Pink.”At least one of the promotional advertisements being run by the Southern Ohio Med...
The Sixth Annual Vern Riffe After Dark Event is calling all artists
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) is now seeking entries for the Sixth Annual Vern Riffe After Dark Event that will be held at 7 p.m. on Nov....
The Happy Trail to Duck Run Community Church
It was Branch Rickey, “Baseball’s ferocious gentleman” who brought Jackie Robinson into baseball. Though he was born in Stockdale Oh...
From Elvis to Elvira: Oak Ridge Boy Richard Sterban talks about their holiday show
“Giddy up oom poppa, mow mow.”The above lyric, for lack of a better word, is probably not the most artistic composition ever written. But ...
Relationships: can someone’s inner critic cause them to put up with abusive behaviour?
If one is used to spending time around people who are abusive, they can come to the conclusion that they are a victim. It is then not that one is play...
Memories of a cattle drive
I recently discovered a hand written story - that was among documents pertaining to family history. This is a story that relates to my Uncle Norman Ha...
Right here in River City
“Freedoms come in “threes.” Writes my friend Jim Garlow, “Political freedom, economic freedom and religious liberty coexist to...
Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time with family and friends. We come together to give God thanks for all the blessings He has given us. In 1 Thessal...
Reasons your life is okay no matter how bad things are
Present problems provide a perception that lacks perspective.As I browsed photos I’d posted on social media over the past two years I noticed so...
I’m thankful for my blessings
This post will be a little different than ones I usually write. I enjoy writing about inspirational and ordinary people I meet along the way and conve...
Helping veterans and active duty service members
Every year on Veterans Day, we honor the people who risk their lives to protect our freedom. Social Security honors veterans and active duty members o...