Portsmouth to Celebrate Emancipation Day on September 22
Grand Jury returns 22 indictments
Jury returns 14 indictments
Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Scioto Gives keeps giving - 1:41 pm
- Loretta Lynn, coal miner’s daughter and country queen, dies - 1:39 pm
- Dayton Man Arrested on Drug Charge - 1:31 pm
- Roadwork schedule - 1:55 pm
- SSU to host Career Fair - 2:40 pm
- Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical” - 2:39 pm
- Party in the Park set for Oct 8 - 2:33 pm
- Scioto Gives back - 2:32 pm
- House OKs bill to avert government shutdown, aid Ukraine - 2:20 pm
- Hurricane Ian heads for Carolinas after pounding Florida - 2:19 pm
- Brown addresses farm credit - 5:14 pm
- Salmons spreading fire awareness - 5:07 pm
- New SCCTC program changing lives - 2:18 pm
- Many trapped in Florida as Ian heads north - 2:13 pm
- Brown urges Biden to fill posts - 5:02 pm
- Quilt Festival a fabric of the community - 4:09 pm
- Glocktoberfest set for Sunday - 1:33 pm
- Wheelersburg Homecoming - 4:49 pm
- Chamber Announces new Burnside Award - 2:53 pm
- City Engineer proposes consolidating parks into massive new project - 2:52 pm
- TOSRV numbers improve - 4:03 pm
- Spears’ life celebrated - 4:01 pm
- Farming conferences scheduled - 11:27 am
- SSU to serve as partner institution in ASCENT Ecosystem - 3:48 pm
- Fluor presents Silver Medallion Award to Lewis, Setty and Sevens - 3:39 pm
Hurricane Ian heads for Carolinas after pounding Florida
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A revived Hurricane Ian threatened coastal South Carolina and the historic city of Charleston with severe flooding Frida...
Brown addresses farm credit
U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), a member of the U.S. Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry Committee, and U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA),...
Salmons spreading fire awareness
WHEELERSBURG — You only have minutes to react in a residential fire situation and local business owners and fire departments are spreading the w...
New SCCTC program changing lives
LUCASVILLE — One of the latest programs to join the impressive slate of offerings at the Scioto County Career and Technical Center (SCCTC) is th...
Many trapped in Florida as Ian heads north
PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (AP) — Rescue crews piloted boats and waded through flooded streets Thursday to save thousands of people trapped after Hurrica...
Brown urges Biden to fill posts
This week, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) led more than a dozen of his colleagues in a letter to President Biden, urging him to nominate a Commissi...
West wills a way
MINFORD — Big plays in a physical game helped the Portsmouth West Senators earn a 29-16 road win at Minford in a week -seven Southern Ohio Confe...
SSU welcomes Banned Books Week
PORTSMOUTH — Shawnee State University’s Clark Memorial Library is marking the national Banned Books Week with a display near the entrance ...
Week Seven Football Scoreboard
Week Seven Football ScheduleOVCPortsmouth 35, Chesapeake 12Ironton 49, Rock Hill 7Gallia Academy 36, Coal Grove 33Fairland 35, South Point 22SOC IIWes...
Wildcats, Rebels have first game as ranked teams since ‘58
Kentucky vs. Mississippi is quite a meaningful matchup in the Southeastern Conference these days.It’s a game of two teams with ambitions of chal...
Sampson strong again as Cubs beat Reds
CHICAGO (AP) — Adrian Sampson threw seven efficient innings, Nico Hoerner drove in three runs, and the Chicago Cubs won their fifth straight gam...
Another one dish, easy recipe
Hello! In the kitchen with Sharon is Patricia Nicholes with her Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole. Wow this is an amazing recipe.I am making this ...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host “Legally Blonde, the Musical” on Oct. 27
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will host Broadway’s “Legally Blonde, the Musical” Thursday, ...
Native authors books
West Portsmouth native, Jeffery Evans, has come a long way since his days of playing on Stoney Run. Now, proudly decorated with two Masters degrees, a...
PPL recommends these books: Blood Sugar, The Measure and Yonder
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
A keeper breakfast cake
Hello! In the kitchen this week I am making this great blueberry breakfast cake. It’s not only easy ,but it is so good. It’s a keeper for ...
September is Kinship Care month
In Ohio, over 200,000 children are living in kinship families. Research shows that when they must be apart from their parents, children do better with...
Now is the ideal time to restore your lawn
Column Head: Now is the Ideal Time to Restore Your LawnBlog Title: Lawn Restoration in FallEarly Fall is an ideal time to restore your lawn. There is ...
Sinking my teeth into the job
I spent a week eating my memories.A sub bun sliced horizontally, two slices of old-fashioned loaf, three or four slices of salami, provolone (should b...
Plant Bulbs Soon for Early Spring Color
Soon it will be the season to plant bulbs for early spring color. You can have a colorful garden very early next spring if you plant some bulbs right ...
Planters, Pots & Containers 3: Choosing the Right Potting Soil
The key to success in container gardening is having the right “soil”, or potting mix. The potting “soil” used to grow containe...
Letter to the EditorThe Pride display issue isn’t about protecting kids
A Pride display and a handful of kids’ books is an awfully small thing to get worked up about, but these are small-minded people. For about a mo...