Cost of prosecuting Rhoden case could reach millions
Downtown Portsmouth prepares for holiday season
DOE waste facility at A-plant fight continues
Grandmothers arraigned in court
Bloom Vernon to present Les Mise’rables
- View Story - 11:59 pm
- Cost of prosecuting Rhoden case could reach millions - 4:15 pm
- T1D group celebrates diabetes month - 3:01 pm
- Downtown Portsmouth prepares for holiday season - 2:45 pm
- Local bands do well at state - 12:30 pm
- DOE waste facility at A-plant fight continues - 5:00 pm
- Grandmothers arraigned in court - 3:19 pm updated: 6:03 pm.
- Bloom Vernon to present Les Mise’rables - 2:15 pm
- Christmas Parade cancelled - 1:56 pm
- Residents turn out to support Friends of Portsmouth Winterfest - 5:15 pm
- Weather service issues winter storm advisory through noon today - 5:00 pm
- Alleged conspiracy - 4:50 pm
- Meadows unhappy about comments - 2:15 pm
- Fa La La La Local Holiday Expo - 1:45 pm
- Scioto Economic Development recieves more than $68,000 - 6:00 pm
- SSU/SEA reach contract agreement - 4:42 pm
- Arrests made in Rhoden murders - 2:02 pm updated: 8:21 pm.
- Local activist launches online petition to stop A-plant waste facility - 5:45 pm
- Volunteers needed for Friends of Portsmouth Winterfest - 4:15 pm
- Locals reach 100 and 102 milestones - 3:50 pm
- Williams goes on missionary trip - 1:00 pm updated: 3:55 pm.
- Green prepares to start the building process - 12:00 pm
- Council to meet on Tuesday - 12:00 pm
- Animal paws for breast cancer - 5:45 pm
- Professor files suit against SSU - 3:15 pm updated: 12:05 pm.
Residents turn out to support Friends of Portsmouth Winterfest
Talking with the Portsmouth Daily Times prior to a Friends of Portsmouth volunteer meeting held Tuesday evening at the Scioto County Welcome Center, F...
Weather service issues winter storm advisory through noon today
Snowmaggedon?Probably not.But the National Weather Service in Wilmington, which serves the Scioto County area, has issued a winter weather advisory wh...
While law enforcement made clear during a press conference Tuesday, they feel they have in custody the persons responsible for the massacre of the Rho...
Meadows unhappy about comments
Portsmouth City Council met Tuesday, after postponing Monday’s meeting in observance of the Veteran’s Day holiday. Before jumping into the...
Scioto Economic Development recieves more than $68,000
Over $68,000 has been awarded to the Scioto County Economic Development Department by Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth. “Out of that money $18,000 has gone...
NW’s Rice signs with Kent State
Laiken Rice, a senior at Northwest High School, signed her letter of intent to play softball for Division I Kent State University on Wednesday.Laiken ...
SW’s Cook signs with Trevecca Nazarene
For South Webster senior Maddie Cook, her college choice of Trevecca Nazarene University in Nashville has just as much to do with the lifestyle Trevec...
Harris, Kammler compete at state
On a cold and frigid morning in Hebron, Ohio near Columbus, the two qualifiers for the state cross country races, Matthew Harris of Minford and Aiden ...
OSSCA releases all-state honors
On Saturday, the Ohio Scholastic Soccer Coaches Association (OSSCA) released their all-state honorees for all-state first and second teams, and once a...
Pirates outlast Greeneview, 35-13
The Jamestown Greeneview Rams gave the Wheelersburg Pirates absolutely everything they had Saturday night at Herrnstein Field in Chillicothe, but stil...
West 5th/6th grade claims Peewee Super Bowl
On a cold, frigid afternoon, the Portsmouth West Senators were able to win the 5th and 6th grade peewee football Super Bowl over the Minford Falcons 1...
Charity Freewill Baptist Church
In Minford Ohio there is a tributary to the Little Scioto River. It is Rocky Fork Creek, a frequent Baptismal site before many churches found ways to ...
SOMC promoting importance of lung cancer screening available locally
Maybe the cause needs a catchy slogan, like “Think Pink.”At least one of the promotional advertisements being run by the Southern Ohio Med...
The Sixth Annual Vern Riffe After Dark Event is calling all artists
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) is now seeking entries for the Sixth Annual Vern Riffe After Dark Event that will be held at 7 p.m. on Nov....
The Happy Trail to Duck Run Community Church
It was Branch Rickey, “Baseball’s ferocious gentleman” who brought Jackie Robinson into baseball. Though he was born in Stockdale Oh...
From Elvis to Elvira: Oak Ridge Boy Richard Sterban talks about their holiday show
“Giddy up oom poppa, mow mow.”The above lyric, for lack of a better word, is probably not the most artistic composition ever written. But ...
Relationships: can someone’s inner critic cause them to put up with abusive behaviour?
If one is used to spending time around people who are abusive, they can come to the conclusion that they are a victim. It is then not that one is play...
Reasons your life is okay no matter how bad things are
Present problems provide a perception that lacks perspective.As I browsed photos I’d posted on social media over the past two years I noticed so...
I’m thankful for my blessings
This post will be a little different than ones I usually write. I enjoy writing about inspirational and ordinary people I meet along the way and conve...
Helping veterans and active duty service members
Every year on Veterans Day, we honor the people who risk their lives to protect our freedom. Social Security honors veterans and active duty members o...
Too good to be true?
Remember how we always say that diet and exercise aka lifestyle stuff, are abysmally poor explanations or treatments for weight problems. The message ...
Musings on a dark and gloomy day
Friday was a rainy, overcast, gloomy day, not fit for outdoor activity, but perfect for curling up in front of the fireplace with a good book.I have t...
When life reminds us that we don’t have a clue
When life bears its teeth for absolutely no reason at all (or at least it seems that way) we have a choice to make. And likewise, when we cannot belie...