Q&A: Your most common unemployment questions
First COVID-19 case in Greenup County
Absentee ballot deadline extended to April 28
BCI requests public tips in Portsmouth case
Ohio governor issues stay at home order
- SSU develops face shield prototypes - 3:41 pm
- Adams County Health Department reports first COVID-19 case - 2:30 pm
- Movie Review: Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness - 12:28 pm
- Temporary closures at Wayne National Forest - 11:01 am
- National Guard Assessment Teams help identify alternative care sites in Scioto County - 10:55 am
- Thirty-three portraits made for children in Pakistan - 1:12 pm
- Shawnee State to hold virtual commencement for spring graduates - 12:39 pm
- Q&A: Your most common unemployment questions - 12:30 pm
- KDMC reports positive COVID-19 test among employees - 11:44 am updated: 12:31 pm.
- Scioto County EMA seeks PPE donations - 10:29 am
- Ohio extends stay at home order to May 1 - 4:12 pm updated: 3:42 pm.
- Disaster loans available for businesses, homeowners - 1:42 pm updated: 1:54 pm.
- Community members star in Main Street reading series - 1:23 pm
- New Boston Village offices closed - 12:47 pm
- First COVID-19 case in Greenup County - 10:54 am updated: 10:55 am.
- President Donald J. Trump approves Ohio disaster declaration - 10:02 am
- Road closure update - 9:58 am
- Sole Choice helping to serve the country - 4:20 pm updated: 4:30 pm.
- 55 COVID-19 deaths reported in Ohio - 4:07 pm
- Ohio requests donation for PPE equipment - 1:35 pm updated: 1:37 pm.
- Absentee ballot deadline extended to April 28 - 1:31 pm
- Commissioners declare State of Emergency - 12:17 pm
- Beshear announces order to restrict travel outside Kentucky - 11:59 am updated: 12:02 pm.
- Social Security gives updates related to COVID-19 pandemic - 11:48 am
- Hill View Retirement Center takes precaution for COVID-19 outbreak - 6:15 pm updated: 9:41 pm.
Scioto County EMA seeks PPE donations
Scioto EMA is urging all that are using Governor DeWine’s Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) request list to add an urgent plea to donate local...
Ohio extends stay at home order to May 1
Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton announced on Thursday that there were 2,902 cases of COVID-19 in Ohio, up 703 from the 2,199 cases re...
Disaster loans available for businesses, homeowners
PORTSMOUTH — As part of the $2 trillion stimulus package, otherwise known as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act),...
Community members star in Main Street reading series
PORTSMOUTH-While the COVID-19 issue hits everyone nearly everywhere imaginable, Main Street Portsmouth has been keeping downtown business owners and c...
New Boston Village offices closed
In consideration of the ever-changing situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), in keeping with recommendations from both federal and state governme...
First COVID-19 case in Greenup County
Greenup County officials have confirmed their first case of COVID-19.The department said it received the official notification from Chris Crum, Direct...
Greenup’s Bentley ready to make strides at SSU
When one plays golf inside Kentucky’s 12th Region, everybody knows that the competition is fierce — year in and year out.As a result, ther...
Canal Fulton NW’s Kolinoff standing out at SSU
In volleyball, it’s not uncommon for a player to perform at different positions due to the natural rotations of the game itself.However, Maria K...
Arrowood named new Rio men’s coach
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande’s national search for a new men’s basketball head coach ended up taking a circuitous route...
OHSAA offers spring sports update
PORTSMOUTH — Fortunately for Ohio’s spring sports student-athletes, there is still hope — even if the wait will go on throughout ALL...
Pirates’ Davis plays tennis waiting game
WHEELERSBURG — Logan Davis is making the best of what has to be a double whammy.As a junior at Wheelersburg High School, Davis — a Divisio...
Waverly’s Downing looks to transition strong play to SSU
From a doubles standpoint, winning has come naturally for Waverly’s Chase Downing.The winner of three consecutive Southern Ohio Conference (SOC)...
Portsmouth Public Library Programs the week of March 16 – 21, 2020.
“Youthful Visions” High School Art Exhibit (March 1-31) In celebration of Youth Art Month, the Local History Department of the Portsmouth ...
Movie Review: The Invisible Man
Directed by Leigh WhannelStarring: Elisabeth Moss, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Aldis Hodge, Harriet Dyer, Michael DormanRuntime: 125 minutesRating: R (for s...
SOMC 2/12 – 2/28
February 12Montana Hilton of Piketon, sonFebruary 13Roman and Lacey Gentil of Piketon, sonChasity Boldman of Manchester, sonFebruary 14Nycole and Jaco...
Movie Review: The Call of the Wild
Starring: Harrison Ford, Dan Stevens, Omar Sy, Karen Gillian, Cara GeeRuntime: 100 minutesRating: PG (for some violence, peril, thematic elements, and...
Directed by Jeff WadlowStarring: Michael Peña, Maggie Q, Lucy Hale, Austin Stowell, Ryan Hansen, Jimmy O. Yang, Michael RookerRuntime: 109 minute...
Self-isolation leads to wife-beating
Blame it on the coronavirus: Isolation. Stir crazy.And, finally, a wife-beating in our little home.In the 65 years of life, I have shared with Bonnie ...
How and why to keep kids on a schedule during school closures
(StatePoint) School closures have forced families nationwide to readjust to the current reality. However, a sense of structure is important for childr...
Don’t Tell Me What To Do!
We, humans, are complex creatures. We want what we want, we want to do what we want to do, and we resist anything to the contrary.One of my grandchild...
The good outweighs the bad
Anyone who follows me knows that 95 percent of my posts are inspirational and encouraging.On occasion, I let my opinions be known about how I feel abo...
The Gospel was made for times like these
“There is a tide in the affairs of men, a nick of time. We perceive it now before us. To hesitate is to consent to our own slavery. He that will...
Managing screen time while kids are home from school
(StatePoint) With many kids out of school and spending more time at home, finding ways to fill the time is essential. As most parents know, it can be ...