Groves is competent to stand trial for son’s murder
Oliver resigns from CPS board
Council adds 5 items to agenda.
Rumpke landfill expansion opposed
Walsh University holds Portsmouth forum
- Plant contamination study awaits final approval - 3:41 pm
- Romp-O-Ween to highlight dedication - 3:37 pm
- PLT Casts The Witches - 3:35 pm
- Man apparently accidentally shoots himself - 3:32 pm
- Annual Inspections Scheduled For Oakley Collins Bridge - 5:25 am
- Scioto Foundation’s Day of Giving kicks off - 9:42 pm
- Minority leader Sykes: Ohio is still key to the presidency - 7:54 pm
- New Boston hires a police officer - 7:50 pm
- Baby Dylan died from homicidal violence - 4:41 pm
- ODOT Public Meeting, Thursday, October 17 - 4:15 pm
- Scioto Foundation’s ‘Day of Giving’ - 9:42 pm
- Fires strike businesses in Waverly, Lucasville - 3:34 pm
- Shawnee State University makes the list for U.S. News & World Report’s best colleges rankings - 12:14 pm
- Scioto Foundation’s ‘Day of Giving’ - 9:51 pm
- Non-profit group in line for $2.3 million to help preserve native American mounds - 8:18 pm
- Shot fired on Gallia led to no injuries - 8:17 pm
- Victim loses $2,600 in tools during theft - 8:12 pm
- Arrests made in Kwik Stop armed robbery - 5:03 pm
- ‘The Braves Ones’ sold out Sunday - 5:00 pm
- Estate planning and business transition seminar to be held - 3:36 am
- Scioto Foundation’s “Day of Giving’ assists in needs of animals and people from youngsters to elders - 9:23 pm
- How guilt can lead to student loan debt - 5:08 am
- Scioto Foundation’s “Day of Giving’ helps provide homes, art, education, entertainment - 1:26 pm
- County roadwork schedule for October 15-18 - 11:31 am
- Jeffrey Albrecht appointed as newest member of Shawnee State University Board of Trustees Committee - 3:39 am
ODOT Public Meeting, Thursday, October 17
The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is hosting a series of public meetings to share with residents and other interested stakeholders details ...
Scioto Foundation’s ‘Day of Giving’
As part of our ‘Day of Giving’ series, the Daily Times has prepared highlights on a dozen of the 40 participating non-profit organizations...
Fires strike businesses in Waverly, Lucasville
Persons in northern Scioto County searching for a frosty Halloween treat from Dairy Queen might have to travel down to Scioto Trail in Portsmouth.At 4...
Shawnee State University makes the list for U.S. News & World Report’s best colleges rankings
PORTSMOUTH – SSU came in at #117-153 in Regional Universities Midwest. Rankings for this category are for colleges that offer a full range of un...
Scioto Foundation’s ‘Day of Giving’
This started as a three part series but it is leading into a five part series as the Daily Times continues to look at the 40 non profit organizations ...
Non-profit group in line for $2.3 million to help preserve native American mounds
Headquartered in a corner of Appalachia in the outskirts of Northeast Ohio, but serving the entire Ohio Appalachian region, the nonprofit organization...
Campbell’s record night leads Mohawks over Green
FRANKLIN FURNACE — It won’t be official until it’s officially recognized by the OHSAA, but Northwest sophomore Brayden Campbell had ...
Pirates win wild shootout against Waverly
WHEELERSBURG — For anything Waverly’s Payton Shoemaker can do — and did on Friday night — Wheelersburg’s Makya Matthews ...
Oct. 18th Football Scoreboard
Friday, October 18thNorthwest 67, Green 32Eastern 41, Notre Dame 0Symmes Valley 39, East 8Portsmouth 20, Fairland 12Wheelersburg 42, Waverly 28Oak Hil...
‘Burg tennis duo run ends at state
MASON — Unfortunately, the third time was not the charm on Friday — and Wheelersburg’s bid to win a girls state tennis tournament ma...
Titans claim seventh straight sectional title over Paint Valley
PORTSMOUTH - It’s no secret that Notre Dame volleyball’s success this decade is nearly unparalleled in southeastern Ohio.The top-seeded Ti...
Abominable has heart
Directed by Jill CultonStarring: Chloe Bennet, Albert Tsai, Tenzing Norgay Trainor, Eddie Izzard, Sarah PaulsonRuntime: 87 minutesRating PG (for some ...
Fall Trade Days hits Lucasville this weekend
If you are looking to buy anything from mums to car parts to lawnmowers to a new hunting rifle, the upcoming fall Lucasville Trade Days could be a wor...
Ad AstraDirected by Neil MarshallStarring: Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Liv Tyler, Ruth Negga, Donald SutherlandRuntime: 123 minutesRating: PG-13 (for ...
Pay It Forward
I’m stepping out of my normal format this week. I’m not writing about a hospice patient; but about Charlie. I’m writing about one of...
Salvation Army Church
In 1894 the bell ringing and service to our community began. Each year at Christmas and even throughout the community benefits from one organization o...
Social Security ColumnUnderstanding social security spouses’ benefits
Marriage is a tradition that exists on every continent and in nearly every country. Having a partner not only means creating a family unit, it means s...
UNDERGROUNDIs art only valuable if its pragmatic?
Something was clogging the bathroom sink. I fished out another note from the Creative Underground. The paper was rolled up in a small plastic baggie. ...
Is Ohio serious about domestic violence?
More than 76,000 domestic disputes were reported to Ohio police in 2017, according to Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation.The Ohi...
Hostas Are Problem Solvers for Shade
Hosta is a perennial foliage plant so well known and widely planted that many gardeners take it for granted. There are over 3000 named varieties, all ...
Three studies and two editorials
The September 24 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) has lots of interest to fat science aficionados.The treatment of type...
A mid-September beach vacation
From the balcony of our vacation home on the eighth floor of the 19-story condominium Windy Hills in North Myrtle Beach, I first spotted him at 6 a.m....