Portsmouth to Celebrate Emancipation Day on September 22
Grand Jury returns 22 indictments
Jury returns 14 indictments
Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- Valley and SCCTC win grants - 5:42 pm
- SOMC ready to light the town pink - 2:44 pm
- Wine Social to raise funds for 535 - 5:49 pm
- Music and more welcoming TOSRV this weekend - 3:19 pm
- Valley Football Homecoming Queen and Court 2022 - 3:49 pm
- Serve Day serves all - 3:29 pm
- International Fest closes another year - 3:23 pm
- Allen and Riffe to bring laughs - 11:36 am
- Briefs for week of Sept. 19th - 4:29 pm
- Shawnee State University to host Showcase Day on Oct. 29 - 11:43 am
- Sherman receives scholarship from Ohio Natural Gas and Oil Industry - 11:39 am
- Shawnee State University to host Alumni Awards Dinner Sept. 24 - 11:35 am
- Gun Bash set for Oct 1 - 11:28 am
- Hope Fund brings in $35,000 - 5:13 pm
- Ohio chief justice: New redistricting amendment needed - 1:39 pm
- McKenzie places on national stage - 4:35 pm
- International Fest to spread joy this weekend - 1:20 pm
- Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to Partner with World Fest - 11:19 am
- Shawnee State University to host Business & Manufacturing Career Fair on Oct. 18 - 10:13 am
- Introducing Scioto Historical 4.0 - 5:23 pm
- Locals compete and win thanks to Cooper - 5:05 pm updated: 3:01 pm.
- TeVault retires from DOE site after 33 years - 4:00 pm
- Shawnee State approved for RSC membership - 2:05 pm
- Serve Day ‘22 this weekend - 1:16 pm
- City to find new ways to regulate addiction treatment and recovery housing - 3:22 pm
Sherman receives scholarship from Ohio Natural Gas and Oil Industry
MINFORD - The Ohio Oil and Gas Energy Education Program (OOGEEP) and The Ohio Oil and Gas Energy Education Foundation (OOGEEF) announced they have awa...
Shawnee State University to host Alumni Awards Dinner Sept. 24
Shawnee State University’s Alumni Association will host its Alumni Awards Dinner on Saturday, September 24 at 6 p.m. in the Morris University Ce...
Gun Bash set for Oct 1
This October, The Patriot Friends of the NRA are ready to welcome guests once again to one of their big annual events they have this time each year ca...
Hope Fund brings in $35,000
The Steven A Hunter Hope Fund’s Annual Tennis and Pickleball Tournament was held Sept 10 with great numbers, showing how much people care about ...
Ohio chief justice: New redistricting amendment needed
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio’s efforts to curb gerrymandering are not working and voters must once again amend the constitution to take poli...
Browns rebound from collapse, beat Steelers
CLEVELAND (AP) — An unimaginable collapse still fresh in their minds, the Browns managed to avoid a second one in four days.Jacoby Brissett thre...
SPORTS SCOREBOARD —September 22
SPORTS SCOREBOARD —September 22VolleyballWheelersburg 3, Waverly 0 (25-22, 25-23, 25-18)Notre Dame 3, Clay 0 (25-18, 25-6, 25-7)Fairland 3, Port...
Ohio State expects stiffer test against Wisconsin
COLUMBUS (AP) — Ohio State offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson tried to tone down the accolades and hyperbole that came after the Buckeyes’...
Burrow, Bengals not panicking as they face Jets
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — There’s no panic in Cincinnati.Well, at least not in the Bengals’ locker room.While social media is buz...
Annual DTWC event set for PRP
WEST PORTSMOUTH — Portsmouth Raceway Park’s next event will be Carl Short’s 42nd annual General Tire Dirt Track World Championship p...
Rebels complete sweep of East
MERCERVILLE — For the second time in three weeks, and against the South Gallia Rebels once again, mistakes doomed the East High School football ...
Movie review: Pearl
I spoke a few weeks ago about the company A24 and how they have been producing a lot of really good movies lately. I should have also labeled them as ...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host HarpOhio on Oct. 16
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will present HarpOhio, a harp ensemble for pre-college and college-age students...
Couponing in Today’s World workshop returns to Pike County CAO
PIKETON - The Free Tax Preparation and Financial Literacy Program of the Workforce & Business Development Program at the Community Action Committe...
Portsmouth Public Library book recommendations
The Portsmouth Public Library would like to recommend these book titles. Each title is available to borrow with your library card! For more book recom...
15-minute prep for chicken stroganoff
Hello! Patricia Nichols sent me another great recipe. I love fixing all these great recipes, especially ones that are easy and one pan. Thank you so m...
Now is the ideal time to restore your lawn
Column Head: Now is the Ideal Time to Restore Your LawnBlog Title: Lawn Restoration in FallEarly Fall is an ideal time to restore your lawn. There is ...
Sinking my teeth into the job
I spent a week eating my memories.A sub bun sliced horizontally, two slices of old-fashioned loaf, three or four slices of salami, provolone (should b...
Plant Bulbs Soon for Early Spring Color
Soon it will be the season to plant bulbs for early spring color. You can have a colorful garden very early next spring if you plant some bulbs right ...
Planters, Pots & Containers 3: Choosing the Right Potting Soil
The key to success in container gardening is having the right “soil”, or potting mix. The potting “soil” used to grow containe...
Letter to the EditorThe Pride display issue isn’t about protecting kids
A Pride display and a handful of kids’ books is an awfully small thing to get worked up about, but these are small-minded people. For about a mo...
Fat Science: Eating yourself
Autophagy, self eating, - it’s actually a thing.All animals have to deal with food lack to some extent, because of changing food resources, or m...