Portsmouth to Celebrate Emancipation Day on September 22
Grand Jury returns 22 indictments
Jury returns 14 indictments
Man indicted in rape of girl, 10, who traveled for abortion
Justices side with doctors convicted in pain pill schemes
- SSU to serve as partner institution in ASCENT Ecosystem - 3:48 pm
- Fluor presents Silver Medallion Award to Lewis, Setty and Sevens - 3:39 pm
- H&H Industries announces expansion in Oak Hill, Ohio - 3:34 pm
- Shawnee State University welcomes over 60 international students for 2022-2023 - 3:32 pm
- Hileman receives scholarship from The Agriculture Education Foundation - 3:30 pm
- Cron sisters crowned at River Days, FBP presents leadership and community award - 3:24 pm
- Make Wellston Beautiful donates baskets for giving campaign at Portsmouth site - 3:20 pm
- FBP donates $50,000 to Jackson County for an airport expansion project - 3:18 pm
- Valley and SCCTC win grants - 5:42 pm
- SOMC ready to light the town pink - 2:44 pm
- Wine Social to raise funds for 535 - 5:49 pm
- Music and more welcoming TOSRV this weekend - 3:19 pm
- Valley Football Homecoming Queen and Court 2022 - 3:49 pm
- Serve Day serves all - 3:29 pm
- International Fest closes another year - 3:23 pm
- Allen and Riffe to bring laughs - 11:36 am
- Briefs for week of Sept. 19th - 4:29 pm
- Shawnee State University to host Showcase Day on Oct. 29 - 11:43 am
- Sherman receives scholarship from Ohio Natural Gas and Oil Industry - 11:39 am
- Shawnee State University to host Alumni Awards Dinner Sept. 24 - 11:35 am
- Gun Bash set for Oct 1 - 11:28 am
- Hope Fund brings in $35,000 - 5:13 pm
- Ohio chief justice: New redistricting amendment needed - 1:39 pm
- McKenzie places on national stage - 4:35 pm
- International Fest to spread joy this weekend - 1:20 pm
SOMC ready to light the town pink
The annual Light it Pink event, a major breast cancer awareness campaign managed by Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC), is underway in the final plan...
Wine Social to raise funds for 535
535 Second Street has been a part of the Portsmouth park family for two years now, after a major renovation by Main Street Portsmouth, with the help o...
Music and more welcoming TOSRV this weekend
For 60 years, TOSRV has brought bicyclists to the area on a trek that starts in Columbus, Ohio and ends here, all over the course of one day. Of cours...
Valley Football Homecoming Queen and Court 2022
The Valley Indians celebrated their 2022 Homecoming Ceremony on Friday, September 16th prior to kickoff of the varsity game. The Indians hosted the No...
Serve Day serves all
Serve Day volunteers gave back to their communities in a plethora of ways over the weekend, as local parishioners and churches banded together for the...
International Fest closes another year
The Annual St. Mary International Festival provided treat for locals over the weekend, with foods, entertainment, and more.The event welcomed cooperat...
Falcons fend off Mohawks…again
MINFORD — With time ticking away on Thursday night, and like the basketball standout he most certainly is, Minford’s Myles Montgomery made...
Browns rebound from collapse, beat Steelers
CLEVELAND (AP) — An unimaginable collapse still fresh in their minds, the Browns managed to avoid a second one in four days.Jacoby Brissett thre...
SPORTS SCOREBOARD —September 22
SPORTS SCOREBOARD —September 22VolleyballWheelersburg 3, Waverly 0 (25-22, 25-23, 25-18)Notre Dame 3, Clay 0 (25-18, 25-6, 25-7)Fairland 3, Port...
Ohio State expects stiffer test against Wisconsin
COLUMBUS (AP) — Ohio State offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson tried to tone down the accolades and hyperbole that came after the Buckeyes’...
Burrow, Bengals not panicking as they face Jets
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — There’s no panic in Cincinnati.Well, at least not in the Bengals’ locker room.While social media is buz...
Annual DTWC event set for PRP
WEST PORTSMOUTH — Portsmouth Raceway Park’s next event will be Carl Short’s 42nd annual General Tire Dirt Track World Championship p...
Native authors books
West Portsmouth native, Jeffery Evans, has come a long way since his days of playing on Stoney Run. Now, proudly decorated with two Masters degrees, a...
A keeper breakfast cake
Hello! In the kitchen this week I am making this great blueberry breakfast cake. It’s not only easy ,but it is so good. It’s a keeper for ...
AAA7 Receives Accreditation of Case Managementfor Long-Term Services and Supports
The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) has received Accreditation of Case Management for Long-Term Services and Supports from the National Committ...
Movie review: Pearl
I spoke a few weeks ago about the company A24 and how they have been producing a lot of really good movies lately. I should have also labeled them as ...
Vern Riffe Center for the Arts to host HarpOhio on Oct. 16
The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts (VRCFA) at Shawnee State University will present HarpOhio, a harp ensemble for pre-college and college-age students...
September is Kinship Care month
In Ohio, over 200,000 children are living in kinship families. Research shows that when they must be apart from their parents, children do better with...
Now is the ideal time to restore your lawn
Column Head: Now is the Ideal Time to Restore Your LawnBlog Title: Lawn Restoration in FallEarly Fall is an ideal time to restore your lawn. There is ...
Sinking my teeth into the job
I spent a week eating my memories.A sub bun sliced horizontally, two slices of old-fashioned loaf, three or four slices of salami, provolone (should b...
Plant Bulbs Soon for Early Spring Color
Soon it will be the season to plant bulbs for early spring color. You can have a colorful garden very early next spring if you plant some bulbs right ...
Planters, Pots & Containers 3: Choosing the Right Potting Soil
The key to success in container gardening is having the right “soil”, or potting mix. The potting “soil” used to grow containe...
Letter to the EditorThe Pride display issue isn’t about protecting kids
A Pride display and a handful of kids’ books is an awfully small thing to get worked up about, but these are small-minded people. For about a mo...