- Shawnee State University is showcasing the artistic talent of its staff with its Annual Fine Arts Faculty Exhibit. The gallery is in the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts and will remain there until October 22.
- Haunted attraction Terror in the Trees will operate every Friday and Saturday from dusk until the final tickets are sold at 11:30 p.m. throughout October. Admission is $10.00. Last Ride Coffin Rides, hosted by Undertaker Entertainment, will be $5.00. A haunt/ ride combination ticket is available for $13. Terror in the Trees is at 444 Jacobs Cemetery Road, Lucasville.
- Haunted attraction Jaycees Haunted House will open Friday, September 25 and will operate every Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. throughout October. Admission is $8. Jaycees Haunted House is at 2033 Gallia Street, Portsmouth.
- The Ironton Haunted Tunnel will operate Fridays and Saturdays throughout October. The attraction will accept victims between 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Admission is $5.
- The Southern Ohio Museum and Cultural Center is currently hoisting two galleries, “Preserved: Barbara Vogel” and “The Space Between: The Work of Clara Crockett and Alan Crockett.” The museum is at 825 Gallia Street, Portsmouth. Reach someone at 740-354-5629 for more information.
- A community jam session will be held Sunday, October 4 at 2 p.m. in the courtyard of Riverview Retirement Center. Locals are invited to come perform or listen to good music. The event is held at 500 2nd Street, Portsmouth. It will be held every Sunday in the Riverview Retirement Center.
- The 1810 House will be open every Sunday between the hours of 2 to 4 p.m. from now until mid-December. Step back in Scioto County history to view the antiquities held within one of Portsmouth’s oldest structures at 1926 Waller Street. Parking is available for guests on the street. There is no admission, but donations insure the longevity of this piece of Portsmouth history and is much appreciated.
- Theology on Tap will be held every Monday at Port City, starting at 6 p.m. The doors are open for conversationalists to enjoy discussion on open-minded philosophical topics and debates in the company of good people and high spirits. The event is in the front room of the pub, 424 Chillicothe Street, Portsmouth.
- ARTS Resources for the Tri-State will be showcasing “Brigadoon” as its fall production. The show will run October 9, 10, 16, and 17 at 8 p.m. and October 11 at 2 p.m. Call 304-733-2787 to make dinner and show reservations today. Dinner reservations are $30 and general admission is $15. ARTS is at 900 8th Street, Huntington.
- Shawnee State University and Southern Ohio Performing Arts Association will be presenting the touring production of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” on Sunday, October 11 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available in the McKinley Box Office or online at www.ticketmaster.com. The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts is at 940 Second Street, Portsmouth.
- The Southern Ohio Museum and Cultural Center will be hosting a presentation by artist Barbara Vogul on October 12 at 6 p.m. Vogul will be discussing and demonstrating her process of combining photography, paint, and encaustics.
- Shawnee State University’s Theatre Department will be performing selections from Neil Carpathios’s new book “Every River on Earth: Writing from Appalachian Ohio” on Friday, October 16 at 7 p.m. The show is free and will be held in the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts.
- The Portsmouth Area Children’s Theatre will be welcoming guests to catch their performances of “Shrek: The Musical, Jr!” on Friday, October 16 and Saturday, October 17 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, October 18, at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the McKinley Box Office by calling 740-351-3600. $10 children, $12 adults. Group rates available by calling or visiting the box office.
- Shawnee State University will be hosting a Fall Craft Fair on Saturday, October 17, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Sodexo Ballroom at the University Center. Vendors interested in setting up a table may contact Debbie Schwamberger at the Event and Conference Services Office at 740-351-3390. The deadline for registration is October 9 by 5 p.m.
- The Shawnee State University Fine Arts Faculty Exhibit will run until October 22. The gallery opening will be held Thursday from 6-10 p.m in the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts Appleton Gallery. The Vern Riffe Center for the Arts is at 940 Second Street, Portsmouth.
To add events to the community entertainment calender, contact Joseph Pratt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 740-353-3101, ext. 1932.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU