The case of the mass murders in Piketon took yet another turn Thursday when authorities began to actually move the four mobile homes where eight members of the Rhoden family were found shot to death execution-style.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader announced Thursday that the homes are being relocated to preserve the crime scenes.
The work to move the four mobile homes, which has been authorized by the court, began Thursday afternoon, and the entire process to relocate all four scenes is expected to take several days.
Three of the homes will be moved from Union Hill Road, and another from Left Fork Road, and transported to a secure location at the investigation command center in Waverly.
DeWine said the decision to move the homes was made in order to preserve the crime scenes in the conditions in which they were found in an effort to assist with the ongoing investigation and anticipated prosecution of the person(s) responsible for the mass murders.
Movement in the case began earlier in the week when authorities put out an appeal for anyone in the area of the murders who may have surveillance video that would aid in the investigation.
DeWine said anyone with information and/or video that could assist with the ongoing investigation is asked to contact investigators at 855-BCI-OHIO (224-6446) or 740-947-2111.
Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis.