Pre-School and Kindergarten registration and screenings for Bloom-Vernon School District will take place, Thursday, April 7 and Friday, April 8 at the Bloom-Vernon Elementary Building.
Children registering for Pre-School must be three years of age by September 30, 2016, and children must be five years of age by September 30, 2016 to be eligible for Kindergarten.
Registration and screenings for both will be conducted at both 9 a.m. or 12 p.m. for both Pre-School and Kindergarten on Thursday and Friday.
There will be an additional registration time for those unable to attend during the day, Thursday, April 7th at 6:00 p.m. These will be the only dates available for screenings.
Both Kindergarten registration (paperwork, speech, vision and hearing) and Kindergarten screening (testing) will be done on the above dates.
Children must be present at registration and screening.
The purpose of this screening is to make Kindergarten year a successful experience from the beginning.
During the testing, there will be a parent orientation meeting to explain the screening process, the primary Kindergarten program and time to answers any questions.
It’s recommended that children wear tennis shoes for activities required during the screening.
Students who are currently in primary Kindergarten do not need to be re-registered for Kindergarten.
Requirements for Registration for both Pre-School and Kindergarten:
- Child must be three years of age by September 30, 2016 for Pre-Kindergarten
- Child must be five years of age by September 30, 2016 for Kindergarten
- Original Birth Certificate (Not hospital certificate)
- Social Security card
- In the case of legal custody of a child, please bring custody papers for the school to copy. Your child will NOT be considered for registration without these records.
- Immunization Records
- Immunizations Required: DPT vaccine-5 doses, Polio-4 doses, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)-2 doses, Hepatitis B-3 doses and Varicella (Chicken Pox)-2 doses. A copy of the Immunization record must be brought to school when registering the student.
For those students lacking required immunizations, the Immunization Bus will be at the school on Friday, April 8th and will give immunizations at no cost to you. All students that are being registered and screened need to be present and will be tested for speech, vision and hearing.
If you have any questions regarding registration and/or screening please call 740-778-2339.
Reach Ciara Conley at 740-353-3101 ext 1932 or via Twitter @PDT_Ciara
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU