- Gary Lee and Joey Ray will be performing at the Knights of Columbus Council 714, 1518 Gallia Street in Portsmouth from 5-8 p.m.
- The Sugarbeats will be performing at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth beginning at 8 p.m.
- The Ohio River Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross will be hosting a fundraiser in collaboration with Pastor’s Pantry cooking school,8019 Hayport Rd. Wheelersburg. This class presented by Dr. Kemmely Hochstetler is one evening, and an intimate, demonstration event where students may get to assist in preparation and eat what is cooked. Classes have limited seating so that everyone can enjoy the interactive experience. $10 from every reservation support the local American Red Cross. Tickets are $40 per person, reservations are available through www.patterfamsauces.com.
- The Return Acoustic will be performing at Port City Cafe and Pub, located at 424 Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth. The show begins at 8 p.m. and closes at 11 p.m.
- The Miss Shawnee and Miss Portsmouth Pageant will be held at the SOMC Friends Community Center, 1202 18th Street, Portsmouth from 3-7 p.m. This pageant is a Miss America preliminary to qualify for Miss Ohio and the Miss Ohio’s Outstanding Teen pageants to be held in June.
- Join Fr. Steve Cuff from All Saints Episcopal Church at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth for Theology on Tap, every Monday from 6-8 p.m. Held in the Club Room, everyone is invited to join for “conversations about stuff that matters.” It’s an informal discussion, so feel free to bring yourself, your friends, your questions, your faith, your doubt. For more information you can contact All Saints Episcopal Church at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-353-7919.
Shawnee State University will be hosting a day of service in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Check-in at the Morris University Center’s Sodexo Ballroom between 11:30-11:45 a.m. Service and reflection will be held from noon until 4 p.m., all service will be done on campus.
- Desert Lights will be performing at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth beginning at 8 p.m.
- Greenup Dance Club, located at the Route 23 Shopping Center in Greenup. If you’re interested in learning, join classes at 11 a.m. on Saturdays, lessons are $5 per class.The dance subject will be selected by the class, no partner is required. Private lessons are available. Classes are also held Thursdays at the American Legion, Rt 60, Barboursville, 7– 8:30 p.m for $7. Call Gayle Riggs at 304-417-0134 or email email@example.com for more info or to sign up.
- Shawnee State Park Lodge hosts “Third Thursdays with Steve Free.” This event is held every third Thursday of the month from 6-9 p.m.
- The Clark Planetarium at Shawnee State University hosts free public shows every Monday and Thursday at 7 p.m. The Planetarium is located in the Advanced Technology Building on campus at 94 2nd Street, Portsmouth. For more information, call 740-351-3147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The communities jam sessions at Riverview Retirement Center. Locals will be invited to perform or listen to good music. The event is held at 500 2nd Street, Portsmouth. It will be held every Sunday at the Riverview Retirement Center.