Results of the New Boston Education meeting
- Approved bills paid, investment report, financial report and bank reconciliation for February 2017
- Accepted the tax amounts and rates from the Scioto County Budget Commission.
- Employed substitute teachers.
- Adopted school calendar for 2017-2018 school year.
- Employed Ashley Gilley as a home instruction tutor.
- Recognized the following: Spelling Bee winners, Oak; Winner, Kierden Sweitzer, Runner-up; Allison Friend. GHS; Winner,
Dylan Sparks, Runner-up; Colton Ash.
- Science Fair: Superior Ratings: Avery Gosselin, Jadelyn Lawson
- Geography Bee, Oak; Winner, Luke Henson, Runner-up; Eddie Brougton
Recognized the following volunteers: Softball – Josh Holbrook, Kayla Wiley, Jason Blankenship, Mike O’Rourke, Clint Williams, Velma Holbrook, Deanna Potts (bookkeeper). Tennis: Greg Gibbs
- Adopted addendum to the Professional Staff Leaves & Absences policy.
- Approved Cody Sheets as a part-time bus driver.
- Approved to accept bids for a school bus.
- Changed April board meeting to Tuesday, April 18, at 6:00 p.m.
The New Boston Board of Education will have a meeting on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.