- The Boosh Hawgs will be performing live at Port City, they take the stage at 8 p.m.
- The Portsmouth Area Art’s Council presents Shakespeare Rocks! Friday, May 13, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 14, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 15, 2:30 p.m. at 614 3rd Street in Portsmouth. Tickets are available at $5-$8 at the door. Join this energetic cast of local students as they show you Shakespeare with style!
- The Portsmouth Raceway Park Kickoff Classic will begin the 2016 racing season at Portsmouth Raceway Park. Gates Open at 4 p.m. Drivers Meeting begins at 6 p.m. with hot laps start at 6:30 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Port City Café and Pub will be hosting Marc Delgado at 8 p.m.
- Southern Ohio Medical Centers annual “Hike for Hospice” will be held. Starting at 9:30 a.m. at the SOMC Hospice Center. Pre-register at http://www.somc.org/hospice/hike. For more information, please call (740) 356-2567 or (800) 779-7902.
- Crazy Lady Bows in Sciotoville will be hosting a breakfast with the Princesses. Early Bird Tickets are available through https://www.eventbrite.com/e/breakfast-with-the-princesses-tickets-25294139452. All those who register early will be entered in a drawing for a free outfit up to size ¾ or a shirt and matching bow in larger sizes and will receive a free princess item. The cost for admission is $5 per child. Visitors are encouraged to wear their pajamas.
- Shawnee State Nature Club will be meeting at Hill View Retirement Center at 7 p.m. Phyllis will be speaking on chickens. For more information, please contact Mary Questel at 740-354-2096.
- -Singer-songwriter night kicks off at 7 p.m. at Port City Café and Pub
- The Portsmouth Little Theatre’s performance of “Daddy’s Dyin’, Who’s Got the Will?” premieres this weekend. The plot revolves around the decline of the family patriarch who is about to die, and is surrounded by his children. The clan has reunited to support their elderly dad and, more specifically, to find out the contents of his will. With boyfriends, fiancés and significant others in tow, the four siblings – Sara, Evalita, Orville and Lurlene are not-so-patiently waiting to hear who will inherit what. The only problem is that Daddy seems to have lost the will. To find out what happens next, visit, http://www.pltlive.com/plttickets.html to purchase tickets. The box office will also be open hour prior to show time. This show is rated PG and will be performed this weekend, May 20 and 21, and May 27 and 28. All performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Shawnee State Park Lodge hosts “Third Thursdays with Steve Free.” This event is held every third Thursday of the month from 6-9 p.m.
- The Clark Planetarium at Shawnee State University hosts free public shows every Monday and Thursday at 7 p.m.
- The Planetarium is located in the Advanced Technology Building on campus at 94 2nd Street, Portsmouth. For more information, call 740-351-3147 or email email@example.com
- The communities jam sessions at Riverview Retirement Center. Locals will be invited to perform or listen to good music. The event is held at 500 2nd Street, Portsmouth. It will be held every Sunday at the Riverview Retirement Center.
- The 1810 House opens May 1, and will operate every Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. until December 18. Step back in Scioto County History to review the antiquities held within one of Portsmouth’s oldest structures at 1926 Waller Street. Parking is available for guests on the streets. There is no admission, but donations insure the longevity of this piece of Portsmouth history and are much appreciated. Group tours can be arranged by calling 740-876-4050.
- Theology on Tap will be held in the Club Room of Port City every Monday night starting at 6 p.m. everyone is invited to join Fr. Steve Cuff from All Saints Episcopal Church for “conversations about stuff that matters.” It’s an informal discussion, so feel free to bring yourself, your friends, your questions, your faith and your doubt.
- What’s healthy, fun and free? Biking! Bike with Bill Raison every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. in the parking lot behind Coffee @ The Lofts! Check the Portsmouth Connex page for updates, or call 740-370-9339 for information.