- Mothman will be performing at Port City Pub from 8-11 p.m.
- Tonight is the night, the Wendy’s Old Fashioned Rock n’ Roll House Party begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts. This year headlining performers are Tommy James & The Shondells and BJ Thomas! Tickets are available at the McKinley Box Office 740-351-3600 or online at Ticketmaster
- There will be a performance by Creek Don’t Rise, a band dripping with Appalachain Blues. Whether it’s the full band or the acoustic duo that started it all, you will feel every note and live every word. Hosted at Port City Pub from 8-11 p.m.
- Join Charlie Haskins and friends as they present poets Bradley K. Meyer, Su Flatt, Geoff Anderson, Jeff Desalu, Scott Woods and Ed Plunkett in celebration of National Poetry Month. All poetry readings are free and open to the public and begin at 6 p.m. Haskins House is located on 536 2nd Street in Downtown Portsmouth.
- The Shawnee Nature Club will be meeting at the Otway Covered Bridge at 10 a.m. for an outing to the Gladys Riley Preserve to hunt for the Golden Star Lily. Contact Kevin Bradbury for more information, 740-372-6545
- Miss Ohio River Valley and Miss Hills of Southern Ohio will be crowned this Sunday at the Complex in West Portsmouth. This is a yearly pageant hosted by Elegant Miss Productions Pageantry. Attire will be formal wear, from Sunday best up to pageant dress, any level of glitz is acceptable. Second attire is school wear, anything you’d wear to school, preschool, or representing a sibling’s school or college. If you play a sport or activity, the uniform for that is acceptable too. Hairpieces are acceptable, along with makeup, flippers, etc. There will be a Queen and princess crowned in each age division, along with runner-ups. Each queen and princess is asked to represent their title in a local event, such as a festival or parade. All guidelines for Elegant Miss Productions apply to this pageant title.
- The 42nd bi-annual Bear Run will be held at Shawnee State University; pre-registration ends on April 10. Those who wish to participate can do so the day of the event. The race begins at 6 p.m.
- Southern Ohio Medical Center has implemented a new weekly program, a weekly walking group. The group will meet every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the main lobby of the LIFE Center. All you need to do is bring some comfortable shoes and the desire to get healthy!
- Shawnee State Park Lodge hosts “Third Thursdays with Steve Free.” This event is held every third Thursday of the month from 6-9 p.m.
- The Clark Planetarium at Shawnee State University hosts free public shows every Monday and Thursday at 7 p.m. The Planetarium is located in the Advanced Technology Building on campus at 94 2nd Street, Portsmouth. For more information, call 740-351-3147 or email email@example.com
- The communities jam sessions at Riverview Retirement Center. Locals will be invited to perform or listen to good music. The event is held at 500 2nd Street, Portsmouth. It will be held every Sunday at the Riverview Retirement Center.
- The 1810 House will be reopening in the spring. Their hours are typically, every Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. Step back in Scioto County History to review the antiquities held within one of Portsmouth’s oldest structures at 1926 Waller Street. Parking is available for guests on the streets. There is no admission, but donations insure the longevity of this piece of Portsmouth history and are much appreciated.
- Theology on Tap will be held in the Club Room of Port City every Monday night starting at 6 p.m. everyone is invited to join Fr. Steve Cuff from All Saints Episcopal Church for “conversations about stuff that matters.” It’s an informal discussion, so feel free to bring yourself, your friends, your questions, your faith and your doubt.
- Walk with Wendy! SOMC has implemented a new walking group. The group will meet Wednesday’s at 5:30 outside the SOMC Life Center in Portsmouth.
- What’s healthy, fun and free? Biking! Bike with Bill Raison every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. in the parking lot behind Coffee @ The Lofts! Check the Portsmouth Connex page for updates, or call 740-370-9339 for information.
To submit items for this listing, please email Ciara Conley at firstname.lastname@example.org