- Thanksgiving Day — The Daily Times will be closed. Regular business hours will resume Friday, Nov. 25
- Black Friday — Get the best deals on items from local stores.
- Justin Pruitt will be performing at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street beginning at 8 p.m.
- Shop Small Saturday — A variety of small businesses throughout the county will be hosting special sales events to promote shopping locally.
- Southern Ohio Medical Center’s (SOMC) Winter Wonderland Train Show will be held at the Friends Community Center through tomorrow, Nov. 27. For more information call, 740-356-6160.
- Chris Sutton will be performing at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street beginning at 8 p.m.
- Shawnee State University’s Women’s and Gender Equity Center will be hosting ‘Love Yourself’ week, promoting self-care and coming to terms with your body. Kicking off the week is ‘Makeup Free Monday.”
- Join Fr. Steve Cuff from All Saints Episcopal Church at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth for Theology on Tap, every Monday from 6-8 p.m. Held in the Club Room, everyone is invited to join for “conversations about stuff that matters.” It’s an informal discussion, so feel free to bring yourself, your friends, your questions, your faith, your doubt. For more information you can contact All Saints Episcopal Church at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-353-7919.
- SOMC will be hosting a Winter Wonderland Polar Express Pajama Party. For more information call 740-356-6160.
- In a continuation of their ‘Love Yourself’ Week, Shawnee State University’s Women’s and Gender Equity Center will be hosting a ‘Wonderous Woman Wednesday’ event, celebrating the women’s accomplishments.
- The Oak Ridge Boys return to the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts for their annual Christmas concert. For ticket information, please contact the McKinley box office at 740-351-3600.
Christmas Themed Events
- The Ashland Central Park Winter Wonderland of Lights will be up until Jan. 8. Hours are Dusk-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and Dusk-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Christmas Cave at the White Gravel Mines will be held every Friday and Saturday from Nov. 25 until Dec. 24. Admission is free. Parking is $2 for cars and $5 for passenger vans.
- Greenup Dance Club, located at the Route 23 Shopping Center in Greenup. If you’re interested in learning, join classses at 11 a.m. on Saturdays, lessons are $5 per class.The dance subject will be selected by the class, no partner is required. Private lessons are available. Classes are also held Thursdays at the American Legion, Rt 60, Barboursville, 7– 8:30 p.m for $7. Call Gayle Riggs at 304-417-0134 or email email@example.com for more info or to sign up.
- Shawnee State Park Lodge hosts “Third Thursdays with Steve Free.” This event is held every third Thursday of the month from 6-9 p.m.
- The Clark Planetarium at Shawnee State University hosts free public shows every Monday and Thursday at 7 p.m. The Planetarium is located in the Advanced Technology Building on campus at 94 2nd Street, Portsmouth. For more information, call 740-351-3147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The communities jam sessions at Riverview Retirement Center. Locals will be invited to perform or listen to good music. The event is held at 500 2nd Street, Portsmouth. It will be held every Sunday at the Riverview Retirement Center.
- The 1810 House is now open and will operate every Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. until December 18. Step back in Scioto County History to review the antiquities held within one of Portsmouth’s oldest structures at 1926 Waller Street. Parking is available for guests on the streets. There is no admission, but donations insure the longevity of this piece of Portsmouth history and are much appreciated. Group tours can be arranged by calling 740-876-4050.