- At its regular meeting held on April 20, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:
- Approved minutes of the March meeting.
- Accepted the financial reports.
- Heard reports from principals’ Tony Piguet and Todd Warnock.
- Authorized the Superintendent to submit applications for 2017-18 state and federal programs.
- Approved the graduating class of 2017.
- Approved a three day early dismissal for seniors.
- Employed substitute personnel.
- Approved certificated personnel salary adjustments for the 2017-18 school year.
- Employed certificated personnel whose contracts expire in 2017.
- Approved an unpaid leave of absence for the remainder of the 2016-17 school year.
- Accepted resignations from two supplemental duty positions.
- Accepted the resignation of Anthony Mantell as superintendent for the purpose of retirement.
- Held an executive session to discuss a personnel matter.
- Set a special meeting for May 2 at 9:15 a.m.
The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for May 18 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board room.
- The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities met April 20, 2017 at 4:45 P.M. In addition to routine business, the Board took the following actions:
- Approved one Direct Service Contract
- Accepted revised/new policies to be reviewed for approval at the next Board meeting.
- Received a training regarding Petermann Transportation becoming the provider of record for adult transportation.
- Approved an addendum for Petermann Transportation specifying route rates effective 8/1/17.
- Authorized the Superintendent to purchase a Clorox Disinfecting Machine.
The next regular Board meeting will be conducted Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 4:45 P.M. at STAR, Inc., 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth OH 45662. An Ethics Committee meeting will be held at 4:30 P.M. at the same place if there is a need. All meetings are open to the public with the exception of Executive Session.
Valley Local Schools will hold a Special Board Meeting to complete the Superintendent’s evaluation on May 4, 2017 at 7:15 p.m. in the Board of Education Conference Room.
The Southern Ohio Academy Board of Directors will hold its regular meeting at noon on May 12, 2017. The meeting will be held in the conference room of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center, located at 522 Glenwood Ave., in New Boston, Ohio. The SOA Board meets regularly on the second Friday of each month.
The New Boston School District offers Open Enrollment for all Scioto County students for the 2017 – 2018 School Year. Parent Informational Meeting will be Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 5:45 p.m. in the District Conference Room.
The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities will conduct their regular Board Meeting on Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 4:45 P.M. at STAR Inc., 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662. An Ethics Committee Meeting will be held at 4:30 P.M. at the same place, if needed.
- The Scioto County Career Technical Center will have its Regular Board Meeting on May 11th at 5:00 p.m., and will be held at the North Campus of the School (708 Fairground Rd.)