- The Wheelersburg Local School District Board of Education met in regular session on March 27, 2017.
Special Recognition was given to the following:
- American Legion Government Test State Winners – Taylor McQuay and Michael Spradlin
- Wheelersburg High School Girls’ Basketball Team – SOC II Champions Ellie Ruby– SOC II Defensive Player of the Year Dusty Spradlin– SOC II Coach of the Year
Minutes from the February 27, 2017 Board Meeting were approved. Treasurer’s recommendations included the following:
- Approval of the February 2017 Financial Report
- Accepted donations from the Wheelersburg Athletic Association, SOMC, Hall’s Auto Parts, Patriot Tech Services, Inc. and Gerlach Farm & Feed
- Approval of Amended Certificate of Estimated Resources
- Approval of Amended Appropriations
- Approval of a Purchase Order
Superintendent’s recommendations included the following:
- Employment of Substitute Teachers
- Re-employed Administrators Whose Contracts Expire (4)
- Approval of Extra Duty
- Approval of 2017-2018 WHS Registration Guide
- Acceptance of Resignation
New Business of the Board
- Set Salaries of Administrators
- First Reading of the following Board Policies: Technology, Chromebook 1:1 Policy Technology, Chromebook Loan Agreement Technology, Chromebook Protection Plan Technology, Chromebook Student Handbook
The next Board of Education meeting will be held April 24, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Board Office on Center Street.
The Scioto County Board of Developmental Disabilities will conduct their regular Board Meeting on Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 4:45 P.M. at STAR Inc., 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth, OH 45662. An Ethics Committee Meeting will be held at 4:30 P.M. at the same place, if needed. Meetings are open to the public, with the exception of Executive Session.
On April 20, 2017 the Valley Local School District will hold its Regular Board Meeting at 7:30 p.m. in High School Library.
The Shawnee State University Board of Trustees will meet at 1:15 p.m. on Friday, April 14 in the University Center, Room 215, located on the Shawnee State University campus.
The Finance and Administration Committee of the Board will meet at 9 a.m. in the University Center, Room 214. The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will meet at 10:15 a.m. in the University Center, Room 215.