The Washington-Nile Local Board of Education met on January 30, 2017 at Portsmouth West High School. Mr. Bill Platzer, elementary principal had the opening prayer and led the Pledge of Allegiance.
January has been designated Ohio School Board Recognition Month. Each building principal along with the Superintendent, Treasurer, and district recognized board members for their hard work and dedication.
The Board recognized the following students:
Student of the Month – January Students: 9th- Violet Price 10th-Isaiah Norman 11th-Eli Cole 12th-Brooklyn Fields
Student of the Month- January Students: 5th-Abigail Hazelbaker 6th-Ethan Hazelbaker 7th-Sharon Macias & Justin Evans 8th-Steven Sadler
The Board took the following action:
• Approved Kathy Compton Scholarship Fund
• Employed substitute teachers per ESC recommendations
• Changed February board meeting to February 27, 2017
• Approved two contracts with ESC
• Employed supplementals
• Accepted the resignation of Wilma Erwin, Special Education Director effective 1/1/17
• Amended classified substitute list
• Approved volunteers
• Renew classified contracts
• Approved the Bass Fishing Club
The next regular board meeting will be February 27, 2017, at Portsmouth West Middle School at 7 p.m.
- The Scioto County Career Technical Center will have its Regular Board Meeting on February 16th at 4:00 p.m., and will be held in the Taylor Bldg of the School (951 Vern Riffe Dr.).
- The South Central Ohio ESC will be holding a regular meeting on Feb. 9 at 1 p.m. The meeting will be held at the ESC building, 522 Glenwood Ave, New Boston.