- The Oak Ridge Boys will be performing at the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts at 7 p.m. For ticket information, please contact the McKinley Box Office at 740-351-3600.
- The Grave Robbers will be performing at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street at 7 p.m.
- The Portsmouth Little Theatre, 1117 Lawson Street, will be presenting the classic Christmas Tale: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus. Performances will be held Dec. 2-3 and Dec. 9-10 all at 7:30 p.m. For more information, please visit www.pltlive.com
- Oscar’s Restaurant at the Holiday Inn, 711 2nd Street, will be hosting a Holiday Cocktail Mixology Party from 7-9 p.m. Catherine Manabat, of Washershed Distillery will be presenting. Cocktails and light appetizers are included. Must be 21 or over to attend. Tickets available at the Holiday Inn, front desk.
- Grab and friend and head to Port City, 424 Chillicothe Street, for karaoke night beginning at 8 p.m.
- Casa Grande, 4621 Gallia Street, will be hosting a performance by musician, Tyler Stephens at 5 p.m.
- Frank-N-Steins, 707 Chillicothe Street will be hosting musical guests, Alla Xul Elu, Knoxx, Zero, Tommy Gunn, Ed Money 2.0, and J Biz R. Ages 21 and up admitted only, no cover charge. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Claus continues at the Portsmouth Little Theatre.
- Crazy Lady Bows, 601 Harding Avenue, will be hosting Christmas with the Princesses.
Brunch will be served and there will be a variety of activities including, Christmas cookies, painting finger nails, and a storybook reading. Admission is $5 per child.
- Port City Cafe and Pub will be hosting their First Saturday Open Mic Night. Sign ups begin at 7:30 p.m. with the first act taking the stage at 8 p.m.
- The Beauty Bungalow, 627 7th Street in Portsmouth, will be hosting a Mingle & Jingle Open House from 4-6 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails will be served. There will also be prizes and gift giveaways.
- Join Fr. Steve Cuff from All Saints Episcopal Church at Port City Cafe and Pub, 424 Chillicothe Street in Portsmouth for Theology on Tap, every Monday from 6-8 p.m. Held in the Club Room, everyone is invited to join for “conversations about stuff that matters.” It’s an informal discussion, so feel free to bring yourself, your friends, your questions, your faith, your doubt. For more information you can contact All Saints Episcopal Church at [email protected] or 740-353-7919.
The Portsmouth Area Arts Council (PAAC) will be hosting Sogbety Diomande to Portsmouth for 3 days of workshops in African Drumming & Dance at the Children’s Theatre, 614 3rd Street. The class is for those ages 6-18. The class will meet nightly Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday from 5:30-8:30 p.m. with a public performance on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. The workshop is free but requires registration with PAAC, please call 740-351-3642 to register.
- The Portsmouth Public Library, 1220 Gallia Street, will be hosting free photos with Santa from 6-7 p.m. Afterward, there will be a Christmas craft.
- The Southern Ohio Museum, 825 Gallia Street, will be hosting a ‘River Currents’ Reception at 7 p.m. The reception celebrates their new exhibit, featuring the work of three Ohio based artists. Charlie Haskins will be showing a variety of his work that spans from the beginning of his career to his most recent work. Artworks will be on display until Jan. 13 in the museum’s main gallery
Christmas Themed Events
- The Ashland Central Park Winter Wonderland of Lights will be up until Jan. 8. Hours are Dusk-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and Dusk-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- The Christmas Cave at the White Gravel Mines will be held every Friday and Saturday from Nov. 25 until Dec. 24. Admission is free. Parking is $2 for cars and $5 for passenger vans.
- Greenup Dance Club, located at the Route 23 Shopping Center in Greenup. If you’re interested in learning, join classes at 11 a.m. on Saturdays, lessons are $5 per class.The dance subject will be selected by the class, no partner is required. Private lessons are available. Classes are also held Thursdays at the American Legion, Rt 60, Barboursville, 7– 8:30 p.m for $7. Call Gayle Riggs at 304-417-0134 or email [email protected] for more info or to sign up.
- Shawnee State Park Lodge hosts “Third Thursdays with Steve Free.” This event is held every third Thursday of the month from 6-9 p.m.
- The Clark Planetarium at Shawnee State University hosts free public shows every Monday and Thursday at 7 p.m. The Planetarium is located in the Advanced Technology Building on campus at 94 2nd Street, Portsmouth. For more information, call 740-351-3147 or email [email protected]
- The communities jam sessions at Riverview Retirement Center. Locals will be invited to perform or listen to good music. The event is held at 500 2nd Street, Portsmouth. It will be held every Sunday at the Riverview Retirement Center.
- The 1810 House is now open and will operate every Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. until December 18. Step back in Scioto County History to review the antiquities held within one of Portsmouth’s oldest structures at 1926 Waller Street. Parking is available for guests on the streets. There is no admission, but donations insure the longevity of this piece of Portsmouth history and are much appreciated. Group tours can be arranged by calling 740-876-4050.