Greenbo Lake State Resort Park at Greenup, Ky., will have Camper Halloween on Oct. 23 and 24 and Oct. 30 and 31.
There will be a scavenger hunt, hayrides, costume contest, pumpkin carving, and site decorating contest and campsite trick or treating. Haunted trail will be available both weekends from dark until 10:30 p.m. Trail walks will begin at the community pool parking lot. Admission fee will be $5 per person and will include hayride back to parking lot. The haunted trail is definitely not for the faint of heart. For information, call (800) 325-0083.
Parents of young children should check in advance – some parks have age recommendations for their events.
For more information about state park events or to make lodging or camping reservations, visit www.parks.ky.gov.
Engineer plans schedule
Craig J. Opperman, Scioto County engineer, announces the work schedule for Monday, Oct. 19, through Friday, Oct. 23. The work will include:
• Guardrail installation — Feurt Hill Road, County Road 160 in Clay Township, will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 20, through Friday, Oct. 30, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. The contractor will be working Monday, Oct. 19, but traffic will be maintained. The work will be done from Lockner Road to Maple Benner Road. Lake Erie Construction Company will be installing guardrail.
• Striping county roads, weather permitting — Mar-King Construction Inc. will be continuing the striping of various roads throughout the county.
• Road improvement project —
• Sugar Camp-Jackson Fork, Township Road 287 in Bloom Township, will be closed at various locations for pavement repairs and ditching. The project is located from Ohio 140 to Essman-Sugar Camp. Local traffic will be maintained. The road will be under construction through Friday, Nov. 6. ATCS-Reiser Construction will be performing the work. This is a combined project of the county engineer and the Bloom Township trustees.
• Mowing — Washington Boulevard, Calvert’s Lake, Galena Pike and Shepherd Road in Washington Township; Carey’s Run-Pond Creek in Rush, Union and Washington townships; Nauvoo-Pond Creek and Dry Run Pond Creek Road in Union and Washington townships; Turkey Foot and Germany Hollow in Vernon Township; Bussey Road and Lick Run Lyra in Porter and Vernon townships; Sugar Camp in Porter Township; Sheldon Cartro in Green and Vernon townships.
• Bridge replacement —
Hayport Road, County Road 257, in Porter Township continues to be closed both day and night. Bridge is located 0.63 mile from the west end of U.S. 52, 0.08 mile from Keyport Road, 2.29 miles from the east end of U.S. 52, 1.90 miles from Burkes Lane, and 0.32 miles from Meadows Lane. It is closed for replacement of bridge by DGM Inc. with project oversight by the Ohio Department of Transportation. Detour is provided via U.S. 52; road is open at both ends.
Sugar Camp-Jackson Fork, Township Road 287 in Bloom Township, continues to be closed through Friday, Nov. 6, both day and night. The bridge is located 1.02 miles from Ohio 140, 1.60 miles from Essman-Sugar Camp. ATCS-Reiser Construction will be replace the bridge.
Disterdick Lane, Township Road 278 in Green Township, continues to be closed through Saturday, Oct. 31, both day and night. The bridge is located at the intersection of Apel Road, 0.44 mile from Disterdick Road, 2.34 miles from Ohio 522 and 2.71 miles from Haverhill-Ohio Furnace. The bridge will be replaced by U.S. Bridge.
Dixon Mill Road, County Road 15 in Porter Township, continues to be closed through Friday, Nov. 6, both day and night. The bridge is located 0.06 miles from Ohio 140, 0.50 miles from Hansgen Morgan Road, and 0.95 miles from Tick Ridge. County crews will be replacing the bridge.
Knapp Road, Township Road 341 in Vernon Township, continues to be closed through Oct. 31, both day and night. The bridge is located 500 feet from Clinton Furnace and 0.80 miles from Monroe Road. The bridge will be replaced by U.S. Bridge.
Marcum Road, Township Road 485 in Madison Township, continues to be closed through Nov. 13, both day and night. The bridge is located 0.49 mile from Joe Shoemaker Road, 50 feet from Sulphur Springs Road. This is a combined project of the Scioto County engineer and the Madison Township trustees. Boone Coleman Construction Inc. will perform the work.