Ryan Scott Ottney
PDT Staff Writer
Portsmouth City Council will convene Monday evening for their regular June meeting at 6 p.m.
Among the items on the agenda is an emergency ordinance authorizing the Mayor to enter into a contract for electrical upgrades along the riverfront. The contract is with with J.M. Miller Enterprises, in the amount of $122,047.75 to be paid for from CIP Fund No. 30. This is the first reading of the ordinance, which has been introduced as an emergency consent agenda item to waive three public readings.
Council will also give a third reading to the following legislation:
- An Ordinance authorizing the amendment of Chapter 941 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Portsmouth, Ohio, entitled Garbage, Rubbish and Weeds, Section 941.15(a), (b), (d) and (e) - Rates for Residential Collection and Disposal to increase Sanitation rates in the City of Portsmouth.
- An Ordinance authorizing the appropriation of $40,000 from General Fund No. 101 to Fire Department Payroll/Union Line Item No. 101.223.5115 to cover potential overtime expenses for the remainder of 2013.
- An Ordinance to submit to the electors of the City of Portsmouth, Ohio, at the General Election to be held on the 5th day of November, 2013, a proposed amendment of Section 6 of the Charter of the City of Portsmouth, Ohio.
Council will give a second reading to the following legislation:
- An Ordinance authorizing the vacation of an alleyway located between the 2000 and 2100 blocks of Argonne Road and the west side of US 23 (Scioto Trail) and a portion of Argonne Road and Spring Lane as it now exists; and the relocation of Spring Lane, as requested by KDMC Ohio and more fully described in the attached legal descriptions, with the City of Portsmouth reserving all easements to this property.
- A Resolution providing for the annual tax budget for municipal purposes for the year 2014.
There is no Mayor’s Conference scheduled for the meeting on Monday.
Portsmouth City Council typically meets on the second and fourth Monday of every month, at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Portsmouth Municipal Court building on Second Street.
Ryan Scott Ottney may be reached at 740-353-3101, ext. 287, or email@example.com. For breaking news, follow Ryan on Twitter @PDTwriter.