PDT Staff Writer
Division of State Fire Marshal investigators have ruled Monday's fire in Minford as "undetermined."
Shane Cartmill of the State Fire Marshal's Office said investigators believe the fire was accidental, and could not rule out a wood burning stove and electrical malfunction in the area of origin.
Investigators said they found nothing criminal during their investigation of the fire discovered by a passer-by, who alerted the occupants of the building.
The business, Minford Motorsports, a four-wheeler dealership located at 10288 Ohio 139 in Minford was completely destroyed by a fire shortly before 11 a.m. Monday.
Minford Fire Chief James Shoemaker said when his crew arrived at the scene the fire was already coming through the roof of the building that formerly housed Minford Farm Center.
The fire also brought down an old grain bin.
The building had been owned since 1992 by Ken Rase and the business owned and operated by Bob Boyes.
"It had been a feed store business for over 50 years and I operated it for about 15 (years)," Rase said. "There have been a lot of employees here and a lot of memories. It's one of those things that happens in life I guess."
Minford Squad Three was assisted by Jefferson, Rubyville, Stockdale and Porter fire departments, and had to use a backhoe to knock down the remainder of the block walls for safety purposes.
The State Fire Marshal's office investigated the blaze led by Ken Crawford, Assistant Chief, Southeastern District, who reported his findings to the state office. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.