"We've got two fires in Minford. One yesterday on Riddlebarger Road, that has been ruled arson," said Shane Cartmill, public information officer for the State Fire Marshal's Office. "We are urging anyone with information to please call us. That number is 1 (800) 589-2728. The fire destroyed an unoccupied home."
Cartmill said investigators returned to Minford on Wednesday, to the scene of a separate trailer fire on Woods Ridge Road.
"Our investigators have found that fire was accidental," he said. "It appears to have originated in the kitchen, on or around the stove."
Cartmill said his office still is looking for information on Helen Altman, who was injured in a blaze on Eighth Street in Portsmouth, Friday.
A Scioto County man, Christopher Lockhart, 24, has been indicted on three counts of arson for his involvement in three vacant house fires in Wheelersburg.
Cartmill said Lockhart made statements to investigators implicating him in the April 10 blazes that damaged three neighboring homes on Marne Avenue.
In the indictment filed on April 30, a Scioto County grand jury said Lockhart did, "by means of fire or explosion, knowingly cause or create a substantial risk of physical harm to property of another, valued at $500 or more, without the other person's authority."
Investigators said information from the scene, including the fact one home had no utility service, led them to make the arson ruling.
Cartmill said a firefighter sustained minor injuries while battling the fires.
The crime is a felony of the fourth degree.
Cartmill said an April 19 fire at The Grandview Inn in South Point that damaged about 50 rooms has been ruled an arson.
"We are offering a Blue Ribbon Arson Reward in that one, for up to $5,000," Cartmill said. "The Fire Marshal is also investigating the fire that partially destroyed the Columbia Music Hall on Gallia Street in Portsmouth, and the former Reno's Restaurant on U.S. 23 in Portsmouth.
Another recent local fire was ruled accidental by the State Fire Marshal.
"The Waverly fire - the Malt Shoppe - has been ruled accidental," Cartmill said. "It started in the kitchen area of the restaurant. I don't know specifically what they found in that investigation, but they were able to determine that there were no intentional acts in starting the fire."