• The Coleman Family Reunion will be held on Sundays, September 25 at Riverside Park on State Route 52 in West Portsmouth. Participants are being asked to bring a covered dish to share. Lunch will start at 1 p.m.
• Knitters and crocheters of all skill-levels are invited to an evening of fun, food and to support a good cause as part of the Knit for Hope group at Southern Ohio Medical Center. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. September 27 at the SOMC Friends Community Center, 1202 18th Street in Portsmouth, Ohio.
For more information, call the SOMC Volunteer Office at 740-356-8234.
• Southern Ohio Medical Center’s Heart and Vascular Services will offer a peripheral artery disease screening from 6 to 9 p.m. September 27 and 29 in the SOMC Heart and Vascular Associates office located at 1711 27th Street, Braunlin Building, Suite 206 in Portsmouth. The screening is open to the community and free of charge. Those with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes or heart disease are encouraged to attend. If additional follow-up testing or further evaluation is needed, as a result of the screening, it will be billed accordingly.
The test determines the blockage of the arteries and determines if there is artery damage. Those who smoke or have a family history of heart problems are invited. Space is limited and appointments are required. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 740-356-2720.
• Ohio Pest Control in conjunction with the city of Portsmouth will be conducting mosquito spraying on September 26th from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. If inclement weather prevents the spraying the spraying will be done on the following day, September 27th at the same time. Anyone with respiratory problems should consider closing their windows and shutting off any window air unit air conditioners until the fog has dissipated.
• The Washington Township Trustees will be conducting mosquito spraying in the Washington Township area on Monday, September 26th and Tuesday, September 27th from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Anyone with respiratory problems should consider closing their windows and shutting off any window unit air conditioners until the fog has dissipated.
• Dixon Mill Road-CR15 in Harrison township will be closed Monday, September 23, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. weather permitting. The location of the closure is between Hansgen-Morgan and Tick Ridge Road. American electric Power will be relocating electrical lines.
To submit items, mail at least a week in advance of meeting to Calendar, Daily Times, 637 Sixth St., Portsmouth, OH 45662-0581. Items can be e-mailed to email@example.com. Include in writing the names of the club or sponsoring organization, time, day, date and complete address of event planned. For an item to be repeated in the Calendar, a new notice must be mailed in for each meeting date. The Times will not hold items for repeated use. Please do not call in items.