• Movie matinee, Portsmouth Library, 1220 Gallia St., 11 a.m.; movie matinee, Wheelersburg Library, 10745 Old Gallia Pike, Wheelersburg, 1 p.m.; grab bag crafts, Lucasville Library, 103 Ohio 728, Lucasville, all day.
• James Dickey Post American Legion, high school boys departing for American Legion Buckeye State Program at Bowling Green University.
• Farmers Market, open, Roy Rogers Esplanade, downtown Portsmouth, 9 a.m.-noon.
• Examinations for new or upgraded Amateur Radio “Ham” License, bring two (one picture I.D.), Museum of Radio and Technology, 1640 Florence Ave., off Harvey Road, Huntington, W.Va., 9 a.m.
• Our Lady of Sorrows New to You Thrift Shop, open 2235 Galena Pike, West Portsmouth, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• “Gnomeo and Juliet,” Greenup County Public Library, 614 Main St., Greenup, Ky., 1 p.m.; “Justin Bieber Never Say Never,” 3 p.m.
• Bingo, Our Lady of Sorrows basement, 2215 Galena Pike, West Portsmouth, 7 p.m.; doors open, 5 p.m.
• Bingo, Beaver Firefighters Association, 7000 Ohio 335, Beaver, 7 p.m.; doors open,
• Russell D. Williams Post American Legion, karaoke, 950 Gallia St., 7 p.m.-midnight.
• Rolling Hills Folk Center’s Summer Concert Series, featuring John Sargent of Ashland, Ky., Roger Smith of Greenup, Ky., and Kentucky Memories of Flatwoods, Ky., bring lawn chairs, Flatwoods Community Park, Reed Street beside the Municipal Building, Flatwoods, Ky., 7:30 p.m.
• James Dickey Post American Legion, disc jockey, 705 Court St., 8:30-11:30 p.m.
• Campbell Sisters Late Nite Band, Portsmouth Elks Club, 1630 Gallia St., 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
To submit items, mail at least a week in advance of meeting to Calendar, Daily Times, 637 Sixth St., Portsmouth, OH 45662-0581. Items can be e-mailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in writing the names of the club or sponsoring organization, time, day, date and complete address of event planned. For an item to be repeated in the Calendar, a new notice must be mailed in for each meeting date. The Times will not hold items for repeated use. Please do not call in items.