• New Boston Laws and Finance Committee, meeting to continue budget discussion for 2012, New Boston Council Room, 3980 Rhodes Ave., New Boston, 4 p.m.
• Portsmouth City Council, meeting, Council Chambers, Second Floor, City Building, 728 Second St., 6 p.m.
• Sciotoville Community School and Sciotoville Elementary Academy, board meetings, meeting, annex, East High School, 224 Marshall Ave., Sciotoville, 6 p.m.
• Washington-Nile Local Board of Education, special meeting concerning personnel, Portsmouth West High School, 15223 U.S. 52, West Portsmouth, 6:15 p.m.
• Eastern Local Board of Education, regular meeting, platform room, 1170 Tile Mill Road, Beaver, 6:30 p.m.
• Nile Township trustees, regular meeting, Township Office, 12215 U.S. 52, Friendship, 7 p.m.
• Clay Township trustees, regular board meeting, Clay Senior Center, North Arrowhead Drive, U.S. 23 overpass, 7 p.m.
• Ohio University Southern Community Band, rehearsal, OUS Community Building, corner of Ninth Street and Bob Lutz Way, Ironton, 5-7:15 p.m.
• Portsmouth Department of Public Utilities flushing fire hydrants, lasting approximately six to eight hours, south from 11th Street/Offnere Street to Front Street. West from Offnere Street to Chillicothe Street, beginning, 6 p.m.
To submit items, mail at least a week in advance of meeting to Calendar, Daily Times, 637 Sixth St., Portsmouth, OH 45662-0581. Items can be e-mailed to email@example.com. Include in writing the names of the club or sponsoring organization, time, day, date and complete address of event planned. For an item to be repeated in the Calendar, a new notice must be mailed in for each meeting date. The Times will not hold items for repeated use. Please do not call in items.