• Blood drive, identification required, walk-ins invited, East High School, 224 Marshall Ave., Sciotoville, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.; Piketon High School, 1414 Piketon Road, Piketon, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Alex Isaac of Sierra’s Haven for New and Used Pets presenting program about the animal shelter, bring a can of cat food, Copley Meeting Room, Portsmouth Public Library, 1220 Gallia St., 10 a.m.
• Elks City Club, Keno, games, socializing, 544 Fourth St. entrance, 5-11 p.m.
• Ohio University Southern Community Band, rehearsal, OUS Community Building, corner of Ninth Street and Bob Lutz Way, Ironton, 5-7:15 p.m.
• Portsmouth Department of Public Utilities flushing fire hydrants, lasting approximately six to eight hours, west on Gallia Street from Mabert Road; all areas south of 11th Street to Charles Street and west to Offnere Street, beginning, 6 p.m.
• Porter Township trustees, meeting, meeting hall, Administrative Building, 1536 Dogwood Ridge Road, Wheelersburg, 6 p.m.
• Vernon Township trustees, emergency session for purpose to discuss emergency repairs on Bihl Road, Vernon Community Learning Center, 4168 Turkey Foot Road, 6 p.m.; canceling regular monthly meeting on Thursday, May 5.
To submit items, mail at least a week in advance of meeting to Calendar, Daily Times, 637 Sixth St., Portsmouth, OH 45662-0581. Items can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in writing the names of the club or sponsoring organization, time, day, date and complete address of event planned. For an item to be repeated in the Calendar, a new notice must be mailed in for each meeting date. The Times will not hold items for repeated use. Please do not call in items.