PDT Staff Writer
The 27th annual Tour of Churches will begin at the Scioto County Courthouse, on Dec. 14. The event is hosted each year by the Business and Professional Women (BPW) of Scioto County and is free to the public.
“Tours will start from the (Scioto County) courthouse at 6 p.m. There will be tours leaving every 15 minutes, and the last tour starting at 8 p.m. The tours will be led by guides dressed in vintage clothing,” said Ann Cardenas, event spokesperson.
Participating churches include:
• St. Mary of the Annunciation Catholic Church — Fifth and Market streets, Portsmouth;
• All Saints Episcopal Church — 610 Fourth St., Portsmouth;
• Bigelow Church — 415 Washington St., Portsmouth;
• First Presbyterian Church — 221 Court St., Portsmouth;
• Evangelical United Church of Christ — 701 Fifth St., Portsmouth.
“Each of the churches are wonderfully decorated for the Christmas season and a local parishioner from each church will share the local history, with some of the churches dating back to the 1800’s,” Cardenas said. “The tour ends at the First Presbyterian Church and refreshments will be provided. There will also be free Christmas music and entertainment in the lobby of the courthouse.”
Wayne Allen may be reached at 740-353-3101, ext. 228, or email@example.com.