• Our Lady of Sorrows New to You Thrift Shop, open 2235 Galena Pike, West Portsmouth, 9 a.m.-
• Pantry hours, Potter’s House Ministries, 5409 Winchester Ave., Sciotoville, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Accepting Angel Food orders, cash, money orders or food stamps only, Potter’s House Ministries, 5409 Winchester Ave., Sciotoville, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 808 Offnere St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Consumers Helping Consumers Thrift Shop, open, 725 Fifth St., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• ODOT Statewide Transportation Improvement Program, public review and comment period, seeking input on future transportation needs, Ohio University Southern, 1804 Liberty Ave., Ironton, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Main Street Portsmouth, organization committee, MSP office, 342 Second St., 10 a.m.
• Book Babies, ages 3 to 24 months old, Portsmouth Library, 1220 Gallia St., 11 a.m.; Family Storytime, children of all ages, Northwest Library, 13056 Ohio 73, Room 12, McDermott, 11:30 a.m.; Family Storytime, children of all ages, South Webster Library, 496 Webster St., South Webster,
• Free soup and sandwich lunch, Community of Christ, 309 Barker St., McDermott, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Blood drive, identification required, walk-ins invited, Pike Community Hospital, 100 Dawn Lane, Waverly, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Wheelersburg School District, parent-teacher conferences, Wheelersburg school, 800 Pirate Drive, Wheelersburg; kindergarten to third grade, by appointment, 2-5 and 5:30-8 p.m.; four to eight and nine to 12th grades, no appointment, 2-5 and 5:30-7:30 p.m.; teachers lunch, 5-5:30 p.m.: open enrollment meeting, tiered room,
• “Tron Day,” Flatwoods
Branch Library, 1705 Agrillite
Road, Flatwoods, Ky.; “TRON,”
1 p.m.; “TRON: Legacy,” approximately 2:45 p.m.; Chick Flick,
“The Switch,” Greenup County Public Library, 614 Main St., Greenup, Ky., 6 p.m.
• Festival of Achievement, Clark Memorial Library, Shawnee State University, 940 Second St., 9 a.m.-noon; “Integrating Theory into Practice Models for Professional Development,” Dr. Jane Melton speaking, open to public, Room 102, Health Sciences Building,
• Green Local School District, kindergarten and preschool registration, bring required documents, Green Elementary, 46 Braunlin Road, Franklin Furnace, 4-7 p.m.
• Relay for Life, team captains meting, SOMC Cancer Center, 1121 Kinneys Lane, 5:30 p.m.
• Celebrate Recovery, safe place for anyone with a hurt, habit, or hang-up to gather, worship and share, Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 808 Offnere St., 5:30-8 p.m.; for more information call Pastor Kym James at (740) 353-2548.
• James Dickey Post American Legion, bingo for Assistance to the Handicapped Inc., 705 Court St., 6:30 p.m.; with doors opening 4:30 p.m.; executive board, 6:30 p.m.; Legion meeting with second reading of nomination of officers, nomination of convention delegates, 705 Court St., 8 p.m.
• Wheelersburg Local School District, open enrollment 2011-2011 parent informational meeting, accepting applications, tiered classroom, Wheelersburg Elementary School, 800 Pirate Drive, Wheelersburg, 7 p.m.
• Andrew Hacker, professor emeritus at Queen’s College of the City of New York, presenting “The College Crucible: Add Students and Stir,” free, open to public, University Center’s Sodexo Ballroom, SSU, 940 Second St.,
• Planetarium shows, free, open to public, Shawnee State University’s Clark Planetarium, 940 Second St., 7 p.m.