Monday, July 23
• Union Township Trustees regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. at the Union Township Community Building. All future meetings have been rescheduled to the fourth Monday of each month.
Tuesday, July 24
• McDermott Surrounding Area Senior meeting will be 11 a.m. at the Senior Meeting Building in McDermott. The guest speaker will be Jay Willis, candidate for Judge Pam Shaw, and Wes Banco to discuss senior bank accounts. Free lunch will be available. President Bob Shinkle 740-259-2416, or Vice President Joanne Murphy, 740-259-4727.
Wednesday, July 25
• The Portsmouth City Board of Health will meet in regular session on Wednesday, July 25, 2012, at 6 p.m.The meeting will be held in the first floor conference room of the Health Department located at 605 Washington Street in Portsmouth.
Thursday, July 26
• The Greenup County Genealogy & Historical Society will be holding their next meeting at 7 p.m. in the meeting room at the Greenup County Public Library. Refreshments will be served. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, July 28
• McDermott Alumni Banquet will be held. All reservations must be made by July 15, 2012, by contacting Nora Webb at 740-259-2098.
Tuesday, July 31
• PERI District 7 (Gallia, Jackson, Lawrence, Meigs, Pike, Ross, Scioto and Vinton counties) will have the annual district meeting at the Holzer Medical Center off St. Rt. 32 at Burlington Road in Jackson, Ohio on Tuesday, July 31. Registration is at 10 a.m. and the presentation by OPERS on Health Care begins at 10:30 a.m. All PERI members are welcome to attend. For further information, contact Carolyn Waddle, Dist. Rep. at 740-533-9376.
• Wednesday, Aug. 1
The Bloom Township Trustees be having a Budget Hearing for Fiscal Year 2013 at 6 p.m. at the South Webster Senior Building in South Webster. The regular monthly meeting will follow immediately after the Budget Hearing.
Tuesday, Sept. 4
• The Bloom Township Trustees will have a regular business meeting at 6 p.m. at the Pinkerman Building location. Any questions, contact Diana Stonerock, Fiscal Officer at 740-778-2710.