The South Central Ohio ESC will be holding a regular meeting on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 1:00pm. The meeting will be held at the SCOESC business center at 3879 Rhodes Ave. New Boston, OH 45662
The Scioto County Career Technical Center will have its Regular Board
Meeting on September 14th at 5:00 p.m., and will be held in the Taylor Bldg
of the School (951 Vern Riffe Dr.)
Scioto County Developmental Disabilities Board Meeting Announced
Scioto County Developmental Disabilities will conduct their regular Board meeting on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 4:45 P.M. at STAR, Inc., 2625 Gallia Street, Portsmouth OH 45662. An Ethics Committee meeting will be held at 4:30 P.M. at the same place, if needed.
Meetings are open to the public with the exception of Executive Session.
The Wheelersburg Local School District Board of Education met in regular session on Monday, August 28, 2017 at the Central Office on Center Street.
Special Acknowledgements and Recognition
· Recognition of new teachers/staff members
Approval of minutes of previous meetings:
· Regular Meeting – July 24, 2017
Business and Recommendations Presented by the Treasurer:
· Approval of July 2017 Financial Report
· Acceptance of Donations: Scioto Foundation, Cunningham Paving & Asphalt, Country Living Skilled Nursing, Country Living Home Health Care, Southern Ohio Restaurant Corp. (McDonalds), Tri-America Contractors, Inc., Millhuff-Stang CPA Inc., The Mill Tavern, Robert Holsinger, Dr. Martin Staker, Jeff Chaffin, Parent’s golf outing, Mako Finished Products, American Savings Bank
· Approval of Transfers
· Approval of two purchase orders
Business and Recommendations Presented by the Local Superintendent
· Employment of Substitute Teachers
· Employment of Substitute Support Staff
· Approval of Volunteers
· Approval of Bus Driver Handbook
· Approval of Bus Routes
· Authorization to Issue Payment
· Adjustment of Salaries (2)
· Approval of Memorandum of Understanding
· Approval of three (3) Resolutions
· Employment of an Instructional Aide
· Approval of WES, WMS and WHS Handbook Revisions
· Approval of WMS Athletic Ticket Prices
New Business of the Board
· Appointment of delegate and alternate to 2017 OSBA Capital Conference
· First Reading of the following Board Policy:
GDBD-R Support Staff Leaves and Absences
· Reading and Adoption of the Following Board Policies:
JEDA-E1 Truancy (Absence Intervention Team Plan)
JEDA-R1 Truancy (Days to Hours Conversion Chart)
JEDA-R2 Truancy (Hours to Days Conversion Chart)
JEDA-R3 Truancy (District Truancy Plan)
JEDA-R4 Truancy (District Truancy Procedures)
JED-E1 Excessive Absence (Absence Intervention Team Plan)
JED-E2 Excessive Absence (Excessive Absence Notice)
JED-R1 Excessive Absence (Days to Hours Conversion Chart)
JED-R2 Excessive Absence (Hours to Days Conversion Chart)
JED-R3 Excessive Absence (District Excessive Absence Plan)
JED-R4 Excessive Absence (District Excessive Absence Procedures)
The Board of Education will meet in regular session on September 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM at the Board Office on Center Street.
The Green Local Board of Education will hold a work session and special meeting on Sept. 12, 2017 at 6:00 pm in the High School Library located at 4057 Gallia Pike Franklin Furnace, OH 45629 for the purpose of facility planning,employee compensation and such other business as the Board my determine.
New Boston Local School District has set the dates for the 2017-2018 school year
Federal Programs Public Meeting and Parent Advisory Committee Meeting as well as the School Improvement meeting. The meetings will take place in New Boston Local School District’s Elementary Conference Room located at # 1 Glenwood Tiger Trail, New Boston, Ohio on the following days and times:
• Title 1 Federal Programs Planning Meeting is Monday, September 11 ,2017 at 10:00 a.m. The meeting will focus on Title I-A Improving Basic Programs, Title II-A Improving Teacher Quality, and IDEA-B Special Education.
• Parent Advisory Committee Meeting is Monday, September 11, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. to review progress made during the 2015-2016 school year discuss plans for the 2016-2017 school year.
• School Improvement Planning Meeting is Thursday, September 14, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Christina Dever, Federal Programs
Coordinator, New Boston Local School District at 740-456-4637, extension 2.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU