At its organizational meeting on January 9, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:
- Elected Bill Warnock as Board President.
- Elected Donnie Caseman as Vice-President.
- Set the regular meeting date and time for the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m.
At its regular meeting held on January 9, the Clay Local Board of Education acted on the following measures:
- Approved minutes of the December meeting.
- Accepted the financial reports.
- Approved the tax budget for fiscal year 2018.
- Authorized the Treasurer to apply for an advance draw on real estate taxes.
- Heard reports from principals Tony Piguet and Todd Warnock.
- Employed substitute personnel.
- Accepted a bid from Rush for the purchase of a new school bus.
- Approved gym usage for a youth sports program.
- President Bill Warnock was presented a plaque from a representative from OSBA to honor him for 25 years of service.
- Board members were acknowledged for their service in conjunction with Board Member Appreciation month.
The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for February 13 at 7 p.m. in the Board room.