Fire causes damages to Captain D’s


Fire Chief says it appears accidental

By Frank Lewis - flewis@civitasmedia.com



Smoke pours from Captain D’s Restaurant in the early morning hours Tuesday


An early morning fire Tuesday at Captain D’s Restaurant, 2434 Gallia St. in Portsmouth, caused damage to the kitchen area. In those early hours, smoke could be seen pouring from the building.

Portsmouth Fire Chief Bill Raison said the fire was in the kitchen area and Shawn Gee was the assistant chief on the scene.

“There was heavy smoke and heat damage,” Raison said. “I don’t have a cause on it yet.”

Raison said the preliminary investigation indicates the fire was most likely accidental, but no final report has been made.

Raison said no one was hurt in the fire because of the time it was reported, which was at 1:58 a.m.

“It was in the early morning hours, so there was nobody at the restaurant when the fire was reported,” Raison said.

Repeated attempts to reach someone at Captain D’s for information on when it will re-open failed.

Smoke pours from Captain D’s Restaurant in the early morning hours Tuesday
http://portsmouth-dailytimes.aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2016/06/web1_CaptainD-s.jpgSmoke pours from Captain D’s Restaurant in the early morning hours Tuesday
Fire Chief says it appears accidental

By Frank Lewis

flewis@civitasmedia.com

Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis.

Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis.