1. Names:_ Jamie Herrmann and Josh Childers________________________________________
2. Job title & company_Jamie is the Ortho Care Coordinator at King’s Daughters Medical Center Ohio, Co-owner of Therapy Plus, Inc., and Compass Community Health Board Member____ Josh is a Life Safety Officer at King’s Daughters Medical Center Ohio
3. What is your fondest cooking memory? _Jamie— Preparing meals with my family during the week, and talking about the day and spend quality time with my family.
Josh— Definitely cooking meatloaf with my father when I was a child. Being one of dad’s “”signature” dishes, we ate this meal quite often, but I never grew tired of it. I remember always being excited to help, and be part of the process—messy or not. That experience opened the doors to the cooking world, and why I enjoy and have such a passion for it. Paying attention to detail of your spices and presentation is very rewarding when you see the satisfaction on people’s faces.
4. How long have your lived/worked in the community?
_Jamie has lived in Portsmouth for 19 years and Josh has worked in Portsmouth for the past 5 years.
5. What is your favorite food? _Jamie’s favorite food is without a doubt— Pasta! Josh’s favorite food is also his favorite dinner—Chateaubriand steak.
6. What or who inspires you to do good, and why?_Jamie—My husband inspires me because he is such a genuinely good person with a big heart and open mind. He’s never judgmental and looks for the “good” in most things, and motivates me to do the same. Josh— My Grandfather was hands down the most
influential person in my life. He gave me the base to be a better man at a very young age, among other traits. He taught me the lesson of hard work and how important family is in life. He has been gone for 13 years now, and his words are just as fresh in my mind as they were 13 years ago. I hold true to the values and the core beliefs he instilled in me, and for that, I am forever grateful.
7. Why did you want to be a part of the celebrity chef dinner? _Jamie—I think it’s fabulous that our community comes together like this each year to help such a great cause. I’m happy to be a part of this wonderful event! Josh—I enjoy helping such a great cause, that brings our community together and enjoy the opportunity to help fund this program for the kids.
8. Do you know what appetizer you will be making and if so, what is it? We will be making shrimp ceviche, which is a cold dish made from vegetables and shrimp that have been marinated in a sauce containing lime juice. The shrimp is cooked before marinating it with the vegetables in an acidic sauce. This Latin American dish is sure to excite your taste buds!