Members of the Portsmouth Fire Department poured water on a burning garage at the rear of 5396 Winchester Ave. in Sciotoville Friday afternoon.
Amber, who did not want to reveal her last name, said the garage belonged to her mother and she is not sure how the fire started.
“We were tearing it down and you can see we were putting the wood on that trailer to take it away,” she told the Daily Times. “There were two lawn mowers in there and some gasoline.”
She said she was also told there was an electric line involved, but no cause was officially known.
Reach Frank Lewis at 740-353-3101, ext. 1928, or on Twitter @franklewis.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU