For the week ending June 21, 2013: The following traffic advisory includes road construction and major maintenance projects requiring lane restrictions and/or closures along the state and federal highway system within Scioto County.
- June 18-20: S.R. 335 will be closed at the 3.1-mile marker Tuesday, June 18, through Thursday, June 20, for a culvert replacement project. The project site is situated in the Rigrish Addition area, between C.R. 246 (Stout Hollow Road) and C.R. 15 (Dixon Mill Road). While the route is closed, motorists will be detoured via S.R. 139 and U.S. 52.
- Construction continues in Shawnee State Forest, where crews are installing headwalls, replacing culverts and repaving various forest roads. Throughout construction, traffic will be maintained with flaggers except for intermittent periods of short-term closure. All work is anticipated to be completed by late summer. (#13-0144)
- A slip repair project continues on S.R. 139 in Portsmouth. Crews are repairing a slip at the 1.20-mile marker, between Munn Street and T.R. 165 (Hinkley Hollow Road), just south of the corporation limit. Throughout construction, traffic will be maintained in one, 9-foot lane with temporary traffic signals. The project is anticipated to be completed in early summer. (#12-0566)
- U.S. 52 is reduced to one, 11-foot lane in each direction between T.R. 569 (Old U.S. 52) near the S.R. 239 interchange and the Scioto River bridges at the Portsmouth corporation limit for a major rehabilitation project. The project work limits also include portions of S.R. 73, S.R. 239 and S.R. 852. Throughout construction, traffic will be maintained in one, 11-foot lane in each direction, and ramps will be reduced to 10-foot lanes. The project is anticipated to be completed in early fall 2014. (#12-3008)
- As part of the U.S. 52 resurfacing project, the exit ramp (Ramp F) from U.S. 52 East to S.R. 239 North is closed for bridge rehabilitation. Motorists will have access to S.R. 239 from the off ramp; however, there will be no access to U.S. 52 East from S.R. 239, so traffic will be detoured via S.R. 73/104. The closure is anticipated to be in effect through early July, and progression of this phase of the project will be contingent upon the weather.
- S.R. 73 is reduced to one, 10-foot lane for a slip repair project. The project site is located at the 8.50-mile marker, approximately 1.5 miles east of S.R. 348 at Otway and near Milt Jones Road. Traffic will be maintained in one lane with the use of temporary traffic signals. The project is anticipated to be completed in early summer. (#13-0107)
- As part of a resurfacing project, S.R. 140 is reduced to one, 10-foot lane between C.R. 51 (Great Meadow Road) and C.R. 17 (Frederick Road) at Scioto Furnace and between the intersecting points of C.R. 2 (Lick Run Lyra Road), east of South Webster for bridge repair. In addition to the bridge repair, crews will be resurfacing S.R. 140 between C.R. 251 (Hastings Hill Road) and the Lawrence County line, as well as in Lawrence County from the Scioto to the Jackson County lines. Traffic will be maintained in one lane with the use of temporary traffic signals at the bridges and by flaggers when crews at work in the remainder of the construction zone. The project is anticipated to be completed in mid-summer. (#13-0046)
- Monday, June 24: As part of a resurfacing project, S.R. 522 will be reduced to one, 12-foot lane at the U.S. 52 overpass for bridge repair, and traffic will maintained with the use of temporary traffic signals. Crews will also be paving the route between U.S. 52 and the Lawrence County line, with traffic maintained in one lane with flaggers when crews are at work. The project is anticipated to be completed by mid to late fall. (#13-0162)
For statewide information regarding road conditions affected by weather, construction, maintenance or accidents, visit ODOT on the web at www.Ohgo.com.
Source: Ohio Department of Transportation